Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We are looking for self-starting, energetic ITS Consulting Senior Lead Project Manager to join our team to help support our growing pipeline of IT Solutions' customers. This is a highly visible position requiring internal, customer, vendor and partner interactions. Candidates must possess the skills to quickly gain an understanding of the complete suite of IT solutions offered. The success of these candidates will depend on their ability to work in a fast-paced environment where priorities change suddenly. In addition, candidates must be able to work cross-functionally with many departments: Marketing, Product Development, Sales, Engineering, Delivery and Operations.The Main Responsibilities
The IT Solutions Consulting Senior Lead Project Manager is responsible for maintaining high standards of customer service and overall engagement success for IT Solutions clients. The Senior Lead Project Manager is a solution-oriented manager who focuses on developing strong relationships between client and IT Solutions project teams. As a key strategic point of each engagement, this team member plays a very critical and visible role in the partnership with our clients.
The Consulting Senior Lead Project Manager will plan, organize, and direct the design, development and implementation of IT Solutions projects. This position will effectively manage client engagements in a customer-focused and project-oriented organization.
The ideal candidate will understand the importance of delivering projects ahead of schedule and under budget regardless of the project constraints. A master at managing scope creep, managing conflict, resolving problems and negotiating change requests, the Senior Lead Project Manager must also have the ability to deal with abstract concepts and simplify the complex. They will monitor and evaluate all work in progress including work quality, best practices and methodologies.
Travel 25-50% for US-based employees.
- Knowledge and good understanding Data Migration and Cloud
- Specialized knowledge Data center or other major migration activities, cloud, network. One should have good experience in Data Migration
- Must possess at least 10-12 years of experience in managing full IT life-cycle development or infrastructure efforts, with direct responsibility for the client management, project staffing and project outcomes.
- Experience in an IT project management / operations role in a technology or production company; experience with enterprise customers a plus.
- Telecommunication industry experience a plus; experience in health care, retail, or finance industry preferred.
- Enterprise Software Industry experience and expertise as a Project Manager in a consultative environment a plu
Additional Expertise with:
- Project finances (accrual accounting) and earned value reporting
- Quantitative Methods for Project Management
- Project Proposals, contract management and Statements of Work (SOWs)
- Creating ‘C-Level” presentations
- Prior experience managing large multi-technology teams
- Prior demonstrated success in a Matrix Management, Cross-functional, and Collaborative Organization.
- Deep, beginning-to-end experience in managing at least one type of recognized software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to assist in developing, clearly articulating, and managing to the business case driving the project.
- Experience mentoring other project managers.
- Internal Process experience to work on our coordination efforts internally between Sales, Marketing and IT delivery.
- Experience with large global management & technology consulting group or system integrator or Professional Services organization is preferred.
- Experience in Sales Opportunity Management, Bid/Proposal Management and Relationship Building.
• Highly organized, resourceful, with strong creative problem solving skills.
• Ability to adjust priorities mid-stream and manage projects from start to finish.
• Must lead by example and be a proactive agent of change, and have conflict resolution and risk management experience.
• Great customer contact skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• A demonstrated passion for customer service.
• Should possess the ability to distill general problem statements into tangible projects by translating business requirements into service solutions.
• Demonstrated experience leading technical project teams in three or more of these domains:
• Data Center Migrations
• Platform Transformations
• Enterprise environmental configurations
• Microsoft Windows Networking Infrastructure and Active Directory & Group Policy
• Microsoft Windows Server Technology and Networking Infrastructure
• Active Directory & LDAP
• VMware products and technologies
• Monitoring technologies
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or Oracle Enterprise Linux
• Server clustering technologies (Microsoft, Veritas Cluster Services)
• Citrix Presentation Server or XenApp Server Administration
• Storage Area Network and NAS Environment
• Near a major airport
• Education & Certification:
• Computer Science or Engineering Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Master's Degree preferred
• PMP required
• ITIL certification heavily preferred
Requisition #: 249511
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
100440Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
100440Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website