Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their career with the experience of working in a blue-chip US multinational technology company. Offices are located in Krolowej Jadwigi ST, Poznan.
The role of Supervisor of Credit will be expected to head up a small credit and cash application team looking after EMEA and APAC regions. The successful candidate should have good knowledge of Credit risk and have held a previous role running a small credit team.
The Supervisor of Credit will work closely with the collections team to ensure cash is allocated in a timely fashion to the correct invoices and provide monthly reporting on the team's progress against unallocated cash targets. They will also partner with the Sales organisation to approve any credit approvals waiting review to ensure good business protocol is followed. The chosen individual will be expected to read financial reports and understand credit reports to identify risks when monitoring our customer base.
The role reports into the Customer Financials Services group with is located within Poznan and Basingstoke in the UK. So, some Out of Hours work maybe required. However as long as the team ensures cover for busy times some flexibility can be offered including Flex Fridays which can be taken as a shortened day.
The Supervisor must be independently motivated and take full ownership of results, operating in a challenging environment with competing priorities.The Main Responsibilities
- Analyse customer remittance detail and processes payments into the accounts receivables database as well as various billing systems.
- Posts entries into accounts receivable database and billing system to record insufficient (NSF) checks, refunds, reapplication of funds, and settlements as needed.
- Reviews daily edits. Identify and resolve discrepancies. Research miscellaneous wires and check receipts.
- Trains and oversees the work of lower-level specialist who will report into this role and act as point of escalation for this area of the business.
- Organise, maintain and processes numerous email requests that come into the Accounts.
- Receivables mailbox from other departments including balance transfers, payment adjustments and performing research.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Proficient English written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to develop productive business relationships with internal & external team members.
- Credit Qualifications and good understanding of Financials information
- Exceptional ability to work effectively in groups with varying priorities and operational targets.
- Team player with a passion for service.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Self-motivated and creative thinker.
- Deadline driven and detail orientated.
- Microsoft Office intermediate experience (Excel/Word/Outlook/PowerPoint).
- Experience of Power BI preferred.
Requisition #: 242431
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
When applying for an internal role, you must:
Have been in your current role, and employed by CenturyLink, for a minimum of twelve months.
Confirm to your Line Manager which role you have applied for.
Not have any current disciplinary action recorded against you.
Not be on a current performance improvement plan (PIP).
Apply on company website