Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
START A NEW CAREER WITH LUMEN!
TRAINING STARTS JUNE 28TH!
Lumen is seeking upbeat customer service contact center representatives to assist current voice and high-speed internet customers with service-related issues, including hardware and software configurations. All inbound contact is with customers for technical support, there are no sales requirements. Combined with your current computer skills, Lumen has an extensive technical support training program for you to achieve success. This is a full-time, contact center position, located in our Lumen Midvale office. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will begin working remotely from home on a temporary basis. This position will be required to transition to a Lumen office at a later date set by the company. Employees will be provided ample notice of that date, once it is set.
Working at Lumen you'll receive:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- A raise in pay every 6 months for the first 2 years!
- 401K Savings with company match
- Extensive classroom training
- Fully funded tuition assistance program (up to $5,200 per year available)!
- Fitness reimbursement (up to $25 per month)
- Wellness Rewards (up to $600 self or $1200 per couple)
- Survivor Benefit (6 months salary paid to surviving eligible family members)
- Work with customers to identify service-related needs, and to offer the most appropriate solutions; providing world-class customer service
- Diagnoses and resolves basic network and modem functionality issues including landline troubleshooting
- Walk customers through common phone hardware and software configurations to maximize service functionality
- Provides solutions for customer repair problems or formulates trouble reports
- Interface with customers over the phone providing status updates and ensuring service has been restored
- Schedule a technician dispatch for on-site service calls when necessary
- Escalate appropriate technical issues to upper level technical support when needed
- Requires customer contact and the ability to effectively communicate over the phone with customers
- Must be a flexible, independent, self-motivated problem solver who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills when working with customers
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime, is required
- Ability to multi-task in a Microsoft Windows environment and utilize multiple programs for troubleshooting
- Experience with common internet software is preferred
- Six months experience in technical support, customer service, help desk, and/or contact center preferred
Requisition #: 247333
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
This position is part of a bargaining unit and represented by a union. Depending upon the applicable collective bargaining agreement under which you may be hired, you may be: (a) required to join the union and pay union dues as a condition of employment; or, (b) required to pay union dues, but not join the union as a condition of employment; or (c) free to chose whether or not to join the union, but if you do join the union you would be obligated to pay union dues.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, creed, veteran status, disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Range Salary Min :
23928Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.Salary Range Salary Min :
23928Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Apply on company website