Genesis is one of the nation's leading providers of post-acute healthcare services from short-term to long-term care and a wide variety of living options and professional clinical services. We are changing how care is delivered by bringing together people like you passionate - highly skilled and motivated to make a difference.
The Staff Development Coordinator (Registered Nurse/RN) is focused on assisting and supporting the translation of the Genesis nursing philosophy into practice by leading the planning, implementation, and evaluation of education to enhance the knowledge and skills of caregivers/vitality specialists. This includes:
* Providing nursing staff with clinical and educational support and guidance
* Coordinating all educational activities in the Center
* Focusing on Quality Improvement
* Identifying areas of educational need
* Developing in-service programs, training staff, and coordinating the completion of these programs
* Planning and implementing orientation and mentoring program for all nursing employees; including Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
* Overseeing Infection Control (including Employee Health)
* Maintaining in-service educational records
* Coordinating the function for CNA certification training classes (if applicable)
We provide career paths for our employees and develop them. We invest in YOU!
We are a strong, financially-stable company with industry longevity. Genesis was founded in 1985.
We are committed to operate with integrity.
We foster a work environment that feels like a family and have a culture of compassion. We Care Deeply!
Our commitment at Genesis affiliated nursing centers is to protect the health and safety of our patients, residents and our heroic employees. We take great pride in meeting or exceeding CDC and CMS standards. On-site experts provide teaching, coaching, and support on infection prevention practices. In addition, we maintain an abundant supply of PPE, including N95/KN95 masks, for all who provide care and services to our patients and residents. Our multiple testing capabilities, including Point-of-Care (POC) testing, are available at every location and comply with CMS and local guidance.
REQUIREMENTS: * A graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with current Registered Nurse/RN licensure * Minimum 3 years full-time or equivalent clinical experience preferred * Two years of clinical experience in long-term care nursing with one year as an educator preferred * Excellence in clinical nursing skills required * Experience in Gerontology preferred * Training and/or experience in adult learning preferred
Position Type: Full Time
Req ID: 382545
Center Name: Madison Center
Apply on company website