MTC is currently seeking candidates interested in a Detention Officer position. This position is responsible for the custody and security of detainees assigned to the facility.
Other functions include:
- Provide custody and security of detainees, including observation of detainees, in various assigned areas.
- Search for contraband and provide security. Perform specific security functions including ‘pat' and ‘strip' searches.
- Respond to any and all emergencies, which requires running, climbing stairs, using physical force to restrain detainees.
- Must have the ability to work all posts, comply with all post orders, and perform all duties outlined in post orders.
- May be required to transfer and transport detainees by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive detainees, as needed.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in detainee records which is related to the detainees' health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Properly prepare and maintain records, forms and reports, as appropriate.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Prior corrections experience is preferred, but not required. US Citizenship is required. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Interested candidates should apply on-line at www.mtcjobs.com.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website