Security Officers are responsible to ensure the control, safety, and security of the facility, in compliance with Management & Training (MTC) and Texas Civil Commitment Office (TCCO) directives.
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise clients in housing, work, and other areas.
- Provide custody and security of clients including observation of clients, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Perform security functions including “pat” and “strip” searches, by squatting and bending to perform such functions.
- Transfer and transport clients by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure combative clients, as needed.
- Respond to emergencies to search for clients, administer first aid at the emergency site, carry injured, or unconscious clients, and perform use of force procedures, including the use of chemical agents to control clients.
- Required to work overtime when directed to do so.
- Read, review and properly apply information found in client records, which is related to the client's health and safety and to the security of the facility. Provide appropriate information to other personnel.
- Prepare and maintain records, forms, and reports.
- Perform specific duties if assigned to the following areas: commissary, property transportation, recreation, escort/roving, mailroom, laundry, visiting room, booking, mobile patrol, main control, housing, administration/segregation and intake.
- If assigned to the food services area, assist in instructing clients assigned to food services in the safe, hygienic method of preparing and serving appetizing, eye-appealing meals.
- If assigned to the transportation department, responsible for the transportation of clients to and from the facility, in accordance with established procedures.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, clients and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by Management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED. Must be at least 18 years of age. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by Management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Upon hire applicant must successfully complete required pre-service and annual training requirements. Must successfully pass an annual background check.
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website