Company: Management & Training Corporation
Location: Riverton, WY
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Government, Nonprofit, Education
Description & QualificationsOur counselors (coaches) are a vital part of our students success as they provide valuable guidance, case management, and instruction to the students we serve. Specific duties include:
1. Conduct personal intake assessments to identify student needs and develop strategies to meet them.
2. Initiate and maintain an individual counseling folder on each assigned student.
3. Coordinate and provide support services to students with personal needs or problems, i.e., sickness, injury, family problems, leaves, and absence without leave (AWOL) retrieval, referrals to community resources, and conferring with parents and other staff as needed.
4. Provide continuous educational, career technical training (CTT), personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis; recommend necessary program modifications throughout each assigned student's stay in conjunction with students and case management team.
5. Coordinate individualized services for assigned students with academic, CTT, residential living, and other center staff.
6. Monitor student progress and record progress in Center Information System (CIS) and case notes.
7. Act as panel chair for center student evaluation panels (ESPs); ensure timely and effective panels occur and are recorded appropriately in automated systems.
8. Review and update student's personal career development plan (PCDP) and evaluations of progress. Point out areas of improvement. Conduct full case management panels as needed. Maintain documentation and records.
9. Utilize new concepts and approaches; recommend and conduct training sessions and conferences to develop greater proficiency among staff in areas of guidance and social adjustment.
10. Recommend medical and psychiatric evaluation for emotional and psychological problems; evaluate results and take remedial actions as warranted; participate as a member of the mental health team.
11. Refer students to other program areas such as transfer, extension or advanced programs, college placement, etc.
12. Assist in the evaluation of center services for students and recommend modifications for improvement.
Requires: Bachelor's degree including 15 semester hours of social services related coursework and one year related experience. Experience with youth, excellent written and verbal communications skills and computer proficiency required. Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
Benefits: MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, dental, and prescription drug benefits
- Paid vacation (3 weeks per year) and sick leave (2 weeks per year)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 11 paid Holidays
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Company-paid Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- And much more!
Management & Training Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Apply on company website