OVERVIEW: The Assistant Parts Manager is responsible for inventory maintenance and selling marine equipment, accessories, and supplies such as pumps, instruments, cordage, paints, motor parts, and water sport equipment. The Assistant Parts Manager provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide excellent customer service. Communicate effectively with customers regularly to update status and ensure satisfaction.
- Acts as a liaison between the parts department and other store operations.
- Establish individual parts inventory levels and balance them for maximum turnover and satisfactory "lost sales" report.
- Negotiate competitive pricing with vendors and manufacturers when possible.
- Assure following of established policy for special ordering of parts.
- Maintain accurate records of sales, inventory and orders.
- Assist Service Manager, Service Advisors and technicians to ensure timely turnaround of parts to be utilized for work orders.
- Assist customers by phone, internet, and in person with price quotes and parts sales.
- Follow-up on own purchase orders daily and update comments in p.o.'s and ensure that all ETA's are met.
- Assist Manager in placing all new orders daily, with vendors and manufacturers by close of business each day.
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and professional parts area.
- Analyze sales, expenses, and inventory on a monthly basis to maintain profit goals.
- Secure storage of all inventory items.
- Assist Parts Manager with the reduction of over aged inventory through proper utilization of eBay and MarineMax transfers.
- Complete recommended MarineMax Parts Manager daily/weekly/monthly tasks and reporting
- Demonstrate a commitment to satisfying parts requests with urgency.
- Assist the Parts Manager as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Internal/external customer satisfaction
- Inventory maintenance
- Adequate inventory and turnaround time of ordering to ensure timely completion of service work
- Timeliness and accuracy of paperwork and reports
- Competitive price negotiations with vendors and suppliers
Apply on company website