OVERVIEW: The General Manager is responsible for ensuring successful dealership operations including sales, service, financial profitability, overall Team development as well as increasing community relations and MarineMax market share.
- Enthusiastically embrace the MarineMax values and mission statement, effectively conveying these to all Team Members through your example.
- Supervisory responsibilities include: interviewing, hiring, training and developing team members; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Consult with Human Resources to ensure all requirements are met before taking any employment actions.
- Continually “TopGrade” your team, working with Human Resources to manage any necessary changes.
- Assist staff with the sales effort, including explaining features, demonstrating operation of boat, suggesting optional equipment, etc. to customers and prospects.
- Manage deals, adhering to the MarineMax One Price strategy.
- Ensure the MarineMax commission guidelines, as they apply to “One Price”, are adhered to.
- Collaborate, as needed, with your Regional President to avoid any inventory, new or used, becoming “aged”.
- Maintain an acceptable FANS score by ensuring the needs of our customers are met and their expectations are exceeded by delivering and maintaining a quality product.
- Ensure profitability of dealership(s) by maintaining adequate and appropriate staff, financial analysis, managing SG&A, accomplishing sales goals and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Resolve customer complaints or concerns and explore ways to better serve our customers. Once resolved ensure processes are modified in order to avoid a repeated complaint.
- Analyze financial statement and identify areas for improvement, notify your Regional President of all areas for improvement and make recommendations to realize these improvements.
- Recommend or approve budget, expenditures and appropriations
- Analyze operating and administrative procedures for all departments in an effort to assess and increase efficiency, effectiveness, and productivity.
- Work with Products Department and Regional President to manage inventory.
- Participate in the professional development of your team via leadership and appropriate training programs; implementing relevant training programs for all appropriate Team Members. Utilizing the IDP (Individual Development Plan), and other resources available through the HR Department.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy making as required.
- Assist in establishing annual commitments and forecasting; order products, review production, distribution and invoicing, and improve inventory.
- Coordinate, execute and attend boat shows and other off-site promotional opportunities.
- Strategic planning of marketing efforts to maximize market share results.
- Oversee facility management and all compliance issues with local, state and national regulatory agencies i.e. OSHA, EPA.
- Promote and fully participate in the MarineMax Safety Program; ensuring a safe workplace free of hazards for all team members.
- Communicate upward the market trends, customer attitudes, competitive intelligence and needs of the sales and service operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- Profitability of the dealership
- FANS Scores
- Aged Inventory
- Sales Margins
- SG & A
- Leadership, staff training/motivation, and Topgrading
- Safety Records
- Effectively resolve customer issues
- Timeliness and accuracy of paperwork
- Effectiveness of cost controls
- Enhanced customer relations
Apply on company website