OVERVIEW: The Marine/Service Technician is responsible for the repair and overhaul of boats, machinery and trailers.
- Examine boat and discuss the nature and extent of damage or malfunction with the service advisor or customer.
- Perform diagnostics and repair of all types of marine engines and transmissions/drives/generators.
- Perform mechanical repair work such as:
- remove engine, transom or outdrive
- disassemble unit and inspect parts for wear
- overhaul or replace carburetors, blowers, generators, distributors, starters, pumps, electrical and fuel systems
- rebuild parts such as engine cylinder blocks
- rewire ignition system, lights and instrument panel
- replace and adjust taillights
- install and repair accessories such as radios, heaters, mirrors, and windshield wipers
- Operate a hydraulic jack or hoist as needed.
- Advise customers and/or insurance adjusters as to necessary repairs.
- Complete repair work utilizing service scheduler and SSO's within the established timeframe
- Ensure all warranty work is completed according to manufacture's and MarineMax guidelines
- Safely operate MarineMax and customer vessels during diagnostic water testing operations
- Maintain MarineMax tools in good condition and according to guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
- Internal/external customer satisfaction/FANS
- Timely and accurate completion of work
- Maintain 100% productivity.
- Maintain minimum number of comebacks
Apply on company website