MarketSource, Inc. is a premier provider of integrated sales and marketing solutions to Fortune 500 companies. We offer a dynamic entrepreneurial environment that fosters creativity and provides unlimited opportunities for personal and professional growth.
MarketSource is currently looking for an exceptional individual to act as Field Engagement Manager.
Purpose of Role:
To identify, negotiate, and maintain strategic relationships primarily within AT&T's Business sales channels with a focused purpose of educating and networking with AT&T to generate qualified CPE opportunities for the AT&T Avaya Sales Center (AASC), while also selling Avaya solutions to new and existing customers through consultative selling practices.
The role entails meeting with customers directly, presenting products and solutions, explaining quotes, and demonstrating equipment. In addition, the Territory Manager will conduct trainings and presentations to AT&T sellers in order to position themselves as a product expert and valued business partner critical to their success.
This individual should possess the ability to cost-justify systems and produce additional revenue through add-on sales, network sales, and maintenance contracts while also supporting the inside sales force with direct communication and feedback on customer needs and requirements.
A wide degree of creativity and latitude will be necessary to adapt and conform within the progressively evolving telecommunications industry to provide high value support to AT&T while promoting and selling the AASC's Avaya equipment solutions.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Consistently attain or exceed monthly quota
- Maintain a database of opportunities for funnel and forecast reporting
- Communicate with lead sources on quality of leads and status of opportunities
- Communicate with Inside Sellers on status of qualified opportunities
- Act as a Telecommunications Consultant, providing customers with business and telephony
- Conduct on-site data gathering to design or explain products and solutions
- Extrapolate pertinent information from all data gathering sessions to formulate and engineer the best available solution for the customer's needs
- Effectively utilize engineering resources and processes to design and present solutions to customers
- Work with the inside sales team to configure, quote, and propose solutions
- Present solutions and designs directly to customers
- Provide product demonstrations, when required, to help close business
- Travel to and from customer appointments and/or AT&T/Avaya offices throughout the territory with an expectation of spending some evenings away from home while on business
New Business Development
- Build trusting relationships with AT&T sellers and sales management to generate activity and close business
- Develop and facilitate CPE education and training sessions for the AT&T SME and Enterprise sales channels at regularly-scheduled intervals both independent of and in conjunction with the Avaya CAM for the territory. These presentations may also be for other external audiences.
- Interact with many AT&T individuals/positions; AM's, TSC's, Sales Managers, RVP's, Field and Operations Managers, etc., to educate and maintain CPE mind share
- Coordinate events, functions, promotions, and other activities between AT&T, Avaya, and the AASC intended to foster healthy relationships with a strategic purpose to generate more CPE opportunities
- Be the expert in demonstrating Avaya's SME product. Conduct an effective, well-rehearsed product demonstration to educate AT&T sales and end users on the product and its advanced applications, and to further position yourself and Avaya as the preferred partner for CPE solutions.
- Work with key resources (AASC Field Sales Manager, Avaya CAM team members, and others), to develop and execute long-term and short-term Business Plans and Sales/Marketing strategies in an effort to generate new business and maintain current business relationships within AT&T
- Stay informed about the products and solutions of our competitors in order to better position Avaya and the AASC as the vendor of choice
- Use time management and calendar management to effectively manage territory
- Participate in regular territory management calls with AASC inside sellers, AASC managers, and, when required, Avaya CAMs
- Perform quarterly reviews with AT&T RVP's and Sales Managers to discuss marketing and
- Collaborate with Inside Sales to provide AT&T sales teams with the latest information on promotions, incentives, performance, and upcoming education/sales opportunities on a regular basis via email and other creative methods
- Remain abreast of regional performance metrics, including lead generation and revenue attainment, across all segments
- Proactively participate in regular training sessions to become and maintain your position as a subject matter expert in the Avaya portfolio, particularly PBX
- Maintain high level of knowledge as it relates to PBX software and applications, the PBX design and quote process, and current promotions
- Attend Avaya education events within the territory, when appropriate, to supplement AASC-provided training
- Aid in maintaining fiscal control within company-regulated budget guidelines
- Support the AASC's Managers on special projects and related tasks when needed
MarketSource is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
San Fran Candidates only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles Candidates only: We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 877-883-4575.
Apply on company website