Mobile Department Lead
MarketSource, Inc. is a premier provider of integrated sales & marketing solutions to Fortune 500 companies. We offer a dynamic entrepreneurial environment that fosters creativity and provides unlimited opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The MDL is a non-exempt role that will work in collaboration with our partner, a National Retailer. This is a full-time position designed to manage the local client relationship and increase sales and revenue of products and services through direct selling within our partner's national retail locations. The MDL will be responsible for a team of associates driving sales and productivity in the electronics department.
- Drives sales productivity and customer satisfaction within Client's retail locations on various products and services to customers
- Engages in side-by-side selling with retail associates
- Grows the retailer's sales performance and other key metrics through sales, training, and marketing promotions
- Manages in-store promotions, and coordinates with appropriate personnel
- Schedules and manages sales demo events in retail location, ensuring that demo equipment is collected and returned as directed at the end of the event
- Positions Client's value by creating best-in-class customer experiences supporting a selected retail location
- Assists District Manager in communication of key initiatives. Acts as a conduit for inclusive and efficient district-wide communication
- Represents Client and MarketSource in a professional manner at all times
Supervisory or Management Responsibility/Decision-Making Level:
- Involved in candidate interview/selection process
- Involved in performance assessment process
- Establishes and manages critical relationships within retail store.
- Represents MarketSource and program to client and client's team during in-store huddles and store meetings
- Develops and manages positive business relationships with retail store leadership and employees
- Manages and tracks progress against plan
- Communicates progress and opportunities with District Manager and client leadership
- Meets regularly with store leadership including store visits
- Serves as a point-of-contact for business consultation
- Serves as a point of escalation for questions or issues including individual guest issues
- Develops and manages positive business relationships with retail store management and employees
- Partnering with store leadership, ensuring correct product mix and quantities, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring proper merchandising at locations, including product placement, maintenance, and brand compliance;
- Increasing visibility of retailer's products and services;
- Restocking merchandise as needed and allowed
- Working with in-store personnel
- Involved with store personnel recruiting, candidate selection, interviewing, and corrective coaching of subordinate positions in coordination with MarketSource HR and District Manager when necessary.
- Partner with District Manager regarding hiring and termination decisions.
- Responsible for evaluation and performance reviews of subordinate positions in concert with the District Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) required
- 2+ years training, sales, retail management or related experience required
- Prior wireless or electronics retail management preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of wireless or electronics industry preferred
- Proven record as leader, organizer, and/or teacher
- Proven self-starter
- Ability to take complex technology to simplified consumer value proposition
- Smartphone required
- Flexible physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, walking, standing and moving items
- Requires the ability to move around the store, assist customers and maneuver merchandise when necessary
- Performs additional job duties as assigned
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds independently
\u000d\u000aEligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific elections, plan, or program terms. This role may be eligible for the following:\u000d\u000a
- Medical, dental & vision \u000d\u000a
- 401(k)/Roth \u000d\u000a
- Insurance (Basic/Supplemental Life & AD&D) \u000d\u000a
- Short and long-term disability \u000d\u000a
- Health & Dependent Care Spending Accounts (HSA & DCFSA) \u000d\u000a
- Transportation benefits \u000d\u000a
- Employee Assistance Program \u000d\u000a
- Time Off/Leave (PTO, Vacation or Sick Leave) \u000d\u000a
San Fran Candidates only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles Candidates only: We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 877-883-4575.
Apply on company website