We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Analyst, Big Data Analytics & EngineeringWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
We are responsible for leading the design and development of new solutions to enable a broad range of real-time, data-driven innovative products and services focused on security, fraud, and authentication. The Platform team acts as the conduit between Mastercard product teams for Cyber Security, Security and Decision Services, and Identity Solutions and the development organization that delivers new or enhanced products.
The Cyber & Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team is responsible for product management and innovative product development of products and services to address the evolving risk and security needs of all Mastercard's various customer segments. Cyber Product Integration team in C&I focuses on defining the strategic direction for underlying platforms to enable the successful implementation of real-time, data-driven innovative products and services focused on network, security, fraud, digital identity, and authentication. The team is responsible to look across all the products/services across C&I and drive efficiency, re-usability and increase speed to market for our products and services.
The candidate for this position will focus on the big data analytics & engineering to enable data-driven decision making across all C&I products, services and processes.
We are looking for team members who:
Analyse large volumes of transaction and product data to generate insights and actionable recommendations to drive business growth.
Develop innovative solutions leveraging new analytical methodologies and tools to reduce costs and improve efficiency across cyber products and platforms.
Apply knowledge of metrics, measurements, and benchmarking to complex and demanding solutions.
Data mining, model development, time series analysis, forecasting.
Create highly predictive models using segmentation and regression techniques to drive profits
Knowledge of metrics, measurements, and benchmarking to complex and demanding solutions across multiple industry verticals
Review analytics end-products to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness.
Synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations; takes responsibility for structuring and writing reports and client ready presentations.
Standardization of data driven insights and advanced analytics solutions using tools such as Python, SQL and MS office suite
Collect and synthesize feedback from clients, development, product and sales teams for new solutions or product enhancements.
Develops effective working relationships with global teams and business partners
Proactively seeks new knowledge and structures project work to facilitate the capture of Intellectual Capital with minimal oversight
All about You
• Experience in hands-on business analysis, modelling and segmentation and data mining using large volumes of granular data to deliver analytical solutions
• Strong Platforms/Environments: Python, SQL, Netezza, VBA, Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS Tabular models), Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx.
• Strong on ETL and Reporting concepts to create scalable solutions to address business needs.
• Experience on handling and working on Tera bytes of data for the analysis
• Strong BI&DW concepts, able to create and maintain the Data marts
• Good MS-Excel and PowerPoint skills.
• Exposure to collecting and/or working with data including standardizing, summarizing, offering initial observations, and highlighting inconsistencies.
• Strong understanding of the application of analytical methods and data visualization to support business decisions.
• Ability to understand complex operational systems and analytics/business intelligence tools for the delivery of information products and analytical offerings to a large, global user base.
• Ability to work in ambiguity and in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment as part of a team and as an individual contributor
• Ability to easily move between business, analytical, and technical teams, and articulate solution requirements for each group
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Have experience in team mentoring and coordination.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website