We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleArchitectYou'll be part of Mastercard Payment Services, which provides a leading ecosystem of account-to-account based services including clearing, electronic invoicing, bill-pay and instant payments services to banks, corporates and their customers. More than 90% of Danish and Norwegian households use these services to pay their bills and our real time solution “RealTime24/7” is implemented in Denmark, Norway, Italy, Hungary and Slovenia.
One of our high-priority growth areas is within Clearing and Instant Payments – an area where we have a market leading product that has won some of Europe's biggest bids over the last few of years – and now we are expanding the team with a profile who will join an open and sharing community with highly skilled colleagues.
For this Architect role your primary responsibility will be to act as a liaison between the Customer, Business, and IT, participating in the bid processes by creating technical content and documenting the IT solutions. You will participation strategic planning sessions with business representing IT and secure alignment between business and IT. In this role you will manage stakeholders through the entire value chain.
Key accountabilities and duties will include:
• Technical focal point in relation to Business Development and Bid processes
• Participation in strategic business development with focus on the technical solution
• Understand the customer's needs and propose appropriate technical solutions
• Lead and coordinate activities related to the bid processes within the IT organisation as well as with other external vendors or partners incl. Drive the estimation process
• Develop architecture, solutions and designs supported by the Domain architects
• Apply a structured architecture approach and methodology on technical solutions
• Make and own high-level architecture designs and make appropriate decisions to support business, IT strategies and roadmaps
• Ensure architecture is adapted to new methods, guidelines and standards
• Evaluate change requests to systems
Essential - Experience with:
• Relevant higher technical education degree or proven work experience as a solution architect preferable on data-intensive applications solutions with demanding of high accessibility and distributed systems
• Relationship Management – building trust between you and all stakeholders i.e. customers, own organization and vendors/partners
• The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business
• Applying common architectural principles to business solutions
• Participating in Bid processes representing IT
• Prepare and present technical solutions to business and to customer
• Translating business requirements into technical requirements with high accuracy, creating IT solutions and architectural overview diagrams
• Experience with documentation of technical solutions in bid processes
• Understanding the technology landscape e.g. network topology or solution architecture
• Background from development, developer experience.
• Planning of IT customer implementations
• Fluent in English both oral and in writing
Desirable – Experience with:
• Work experience from the Financial Services industry
• Agile development processes (E.g. Scrum, Kanban)
• Understand and speak one of the Scandinavian languages: Danish, Norwegian, or Swedish.
• Passionate to be an architect who knows the technical side of a solution, but also wants to face the customer securing the solution fits the customer's needs and is technically doable
• Customer oriented and service minded
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both towards customers and partners, and internally towards business and IT
• Analytical – being able to understand a business context and what it means for IT
• Ability to understand complex systems and events with external dependencies
• Ability to see areas of improvements and suggest suitable solutions
• Ability to drive tasks to completion in a constructive way
• Take responsibility for your own development and always strive towards learning more and share knowledge with others. Being a team player is essential.
• Ability to quickly understand, adapt and react to change
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website