Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleAssistant Company SecretaryWho is MasterCard
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society. Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
Leveraging Mastercard's global payments network, our account-to-account business provides domestic and cross-border solutions to enable the frictionless future of payments. We help our customers leverage rich messaging functionality and applications to capture business and consumer payment flows both domestically and cross-border; offer solutions to connect, enable, and safeguard the Open Banking ecosystem, and protect banks and their customers from financial crime. All this is supported by account-based data insights and consulting to help our clients optimise their payment strategies across the world.
Additionally, Vocalink, our UK business, runs the critical national infrastructures that power the UK's real-time and file-based payments and Direct Debit systems, as well as the country's network of nearly 70,000 ATMs. Globally, our real-time payments infrastructure fuels the digital agenda and payments innovation in Singapore, Thailand and the United States.
In April 2018 Vocalink was specified in accordance with Part 5 of the Banking Act 2009 as a “service provider” to payment systems and thereby subjected to oversight by the Bank of England. The Company is therfore undergoing a complete governance review and adjustment to ensure complete compliance. As a result, we are searching for an Assistant Company Secretary to support and assist the Company Secretary with the provision of company secretarial services to the Company and the Board of Directors ensuring compliance with regulatory and legal requirements and in accordance with best practice.
As Assistant Company Secretary, you will be a member of the Law & Franchise Integrity (LFI) team supporting Mastercard's New Payment Platforms (NPP) business. Your role will help provide advice and give support to the Company and the Operational Directors to ensure the efficient and timely conduct of the Company's business in accordance with Company Law, the Memorandum and Articles of Association and the Company's rules and regulations. You will:
• Assist the Company Secretary to ensure compliance with statutory, regulatory and other legal obligations ;
• Act as Secretary to the Vocalink Management Committee, NPP Committee and, as required, to the Board and its sub-committees;
• Coordinate and arrange all Board and Committee meeting dates;
• Assist the Company Secretary in the administration of all Board and Committee meetings;
• Assist with the management of corporate entities.
• Assist with the preparation of the Annual Report & Accounts to satisfy legal requirements.
• Maintain and keep safe Company documents, the Company seal, and ensure that all company secretarial resources are maintained to secure the provision of the company secretarial service.
This role is based in London, and/or Rickmansworth UK
All About You
• Possess excellent oranisational and management skills.
• Well presented and able to communicate effectively and professionally with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong minute-taking skills
• Previous experience of working as assistant company secretary/company secretarial assistant is preferred.
• Previous experience of working in a plc or regulated environment desirable. but not essential.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website