We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleConsultant, Product Management TechnicalOVERVIEW
Are you a product management professional who wants to shape the cloud platform for Mastercard's products? Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives? Do you want to work in an inclusive and nurturing culture that encourages your own professional learning and development?
We are looking for seasoned Product Management professionals to join our team and help us build towards the future. Product Management-Technical (PM-T) are technical roles and work closely with Technical Program Managers, Software Design Engineers, User Experience, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements, the specifications, the user experience, and the API strategy for platform building blocks they own. Our PM-Ts use the Working Backwards process, which is all about is fleshing out the concept and achieving clarity of thought about what will ultimately be built. PM-Ts decompose the requirements into user stories, prioritizing the backlog, and defining the acceptance criteria. PM-Ts are in it for the long term, looking beyond the current project to become experts in their domain. They feed engineering a well groomed and backlog of user stories. They encourage re-use of their building blocks, continuously innovating on behalf of internal and external customers. As new capabilities are required, they will define its place in the platform ecosystem and write / prioritize the user stories to build the new block. When commercialization opportunities are identified for their building blocks, they will tee up ideas to the product development teams for further development.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
• Like to dive deep into the operational characteristics of the product
• Demonstrated ability to operate with complete independence and autonomy
• Experience defining and building cloud-native software products as a platform at scale
• Proven track record of data driven decision making and applying continuous improvement methodologies across your team
• Can debate the product merits with business teams, architects, engineers, and designers to make the right trade-off decisions
• Experience in agile delivery methodologies (scrum, Kanban, etc.)
• Can communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
• Ensures features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams.
• Demonstrated experience building organizational relationships, partnering with and influencing teams while commanding the respect of the individuals on the team
• Payments expertise a huge plus
• BS/MBA in related discipline.
• Product development experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website