We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDeveloperYou'll be part of Mastercard Payment Services, which provides a leading ecosystem of account-to-account based services including clearing, electronic invoicing, bill-pay and instant payments services to banks, corporates and their customers. More than 90% of Danish and Norwegian households use these services to pay their bills and our real time solution “Real Time 24/7” is implemented in Italy, Hungary and Slovenia.
One of our high-priority growth areas is within Clearing and Instant Payments – an area where we have a market leading product that has won some of Europe's biggest bids over the last few of years – and now we are expanding the team with a senior profile who will join an open and sharing community with highly skilled colleagues.
Maintenance of our production systems is an extremely important part of our daily operation. Secure and stable operation has been our mantra for decades and is still our license to operate
• Develop, test and maintain Real Time 24/7 components to ensure secure and stable operations of the service
• Identify and implement system/component improvements
• Lead and coordinate own activities and secure timely delivery
You will have:
• Relevant higher education degree or proven work experience with management of technical IT customer solutions
• Ability to understand the technology landscape e.g. network topology or solution architecture
• Relevant experience with Java application development or application maintenance
• Experience with Spring boot framework, Docker and Hibernate
• Experience with Oracle databases, SQL and Linux/UNIX
• Experience with development of REST-based APIs
You may also have:
• Work experience from the Financial Services industry
• Experience with agile development processes (E.g. Scrum, Kanban)
• Experience with the ITIL Service Management framework
• Supporting tools such as Confluence and Jira
• Knowledge of Git, Jenkins, and Maven
• Customer oriented and service minded
• Good at building and maintaining relationships within the team as well as across the organisation
• Ability to understand complex systems and events with external dependencies
• Ability to drive tasks to completion in a constructive way
• Ability to see areas of improvements and suggest suitable solutions
• Fluent in English well, both oral and in writing
• Ability to understand and speak one of the Scandinavian languages
• Ability to express thoughts clearly in verbal and written communications
• Take responsibility for your own development and always strive towards learning more and share knowledge with others. Being a team player is essential.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website