We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Business DevelopmentOverview
Mastercard is dedicated to promoting inclusive growth and financial inclusion. The mandate of the
Regional Government Engagement unit is to build durable, trusted relationships with key government agencies to accelerate their transition to a cashless ecosystem though digitalization, while increasing revenues and seeding new markets for Mastercard.
The Director, Government Engagement role focuses on aligning Mastercard's product, service and ecosystem capabilities to solve for the challenges that governments face today, particularly in the areas of socio-economic development, financial inclusion, citizen services and government operational excellence. This key responsibilities include:
1) Develop strategic plans and initiatives with Government Engagement and market teams to pursue opportunities in government sector while also developing expertise in selected verticals (SME/ Trade, Procurement)
2) Support Government Engagement market leads on their engagement with government agencies including sales effectiveness, project management and initiative implementation
All about you / Requirements:
Business development experience grounded on sound analytics and strategic mindset
o Background in management / strategy consulting ….. and / or ….
o Experience working for or closely with government agencies, managing process improvement and transformative change initiatives, as well as proven experience in engaging government officials to build durable relations.
• Experience in business development / consulting / planning & operational execution for enterprise (B2B, procurement, trade or SME) sector development is a strong plus
• Strategic / Consultative selling focused, with deep product, services, and solutions expertise.
• Adept at interacting with senior Mastercard stakeholders in terms of engagement, communication and transparency of purpose. Can skillfully lead complex regional initiatives that require collaboration across functional, geographical and cultural lines.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website