Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleDirector, Business Process ImprovementOverview:
The Operational Excellence team manages Mastercard's operational risk management & process improvement program. The team is focused on promoting a multi-disciplinary, integrated approach and tools to improve process efficiency and effectiveness; while assisting in minimizing and controlling operational risks, issues and events.
As Director, Business Process Excellence you'll develop, recommend and implement continuous improvement initiatives to reduce cost, eliminate waste, improve process efficiencies and reduce operational risks. This requires leadership and execution of large, complex and cross-functional initiatives. The successful candidate will demonstrate process excellence, project management, change management and communication skills to manage improvement initiatives and effectively deliver results. In addition, provide LEAN Six Sigma & Continuous Improvement training, mentoring and guidance across the Mastercard organization.
• Plan, support and provide Lean Six Sigma methodology training to employees including: Executives, Champions, General Management, Black Belts and Green Belts.
• Support in the identification, selection and prioritization of Lean Six Sigma & Continuous Improvement opportunities.
• Lead the definition and delivery of key strategic improvement projects through the application of Lean Six Sigma and project management tools.
• Facilitate key strategic, cross-functional projects to develop and implement process improvements resulting in increased capacity, productivity, harmonization and cost reduction.
• Identify and work to remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful completion of a Key strategic Lean Six Sigma project.
• Provide management with project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key, process-focused objectives.
• Lead in the development of Mastercard's continuous improvement/operational risk maturity by delivering user friendly tools and training.
• Support in the development and ongoing maintenance of instructional training material
• Conduct classroom training for Green Belts, Yellow Belts, Operational Excellence Toolkit and other courses as needed.
• Actively mentor and coach a number of Green Belt candidates through project completion and certification- to ensure the process is improved and the Green Belt appropriately used the LSS methodology and tools.
• Assist with data analysis, conclusions and presentations related to project completion and findings.
• Develop Continuous Improvement project plans with Operational Risk Management; identify needed resources, alignment, milestones, deliverables, project prioritization and tracking.
• Actively identify potential operational risks & issues relating to the delivery of LEAN Six Sigma projects and support in resolutions, escalating critical risks/issues.
All About You:
• Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certified
• Certified Project Management Professional preferred
• Operational Risk Management experience preferred
• Certified Change Management professional (Prisca or similar) preferred
• Significant improvement experience and process re-engineering in a technology environment
• Proven ability to effectively build partnerships and take a relationship-based approach in working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver process efficiencies, cost savings, minimize operational risks and increase process harmonization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable with high degree of executive interaction
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers
• Ability to work independent of direct supervision
• Highly organized and adept at time management
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Willingness to learn and adapt to changes
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website