We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Community Pass Asia Pacific, Digital & financial InclusionLead Community Pass deployments and scaling in West India Region, drive adoption and usage
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
The South Asia Humanitarian & Development team, focussed on digital inclusion, is looking for a Director to drive our digitisation initiatives for the underprivileged segments, by building partnerships & ecosystems, and managing ongoing programs. The ideal candidate is passionate about digital and financial inclusion, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses a flair for sales and an entrepreneurial mindset.
He/she will be in charge of Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Reporting of the Mastercard Farm Pass program and other card based digital inclusion programs in his/her region, working closely with various platform partners and state Govts. Specifically, will be in charge of business development and key stakeholder management, with partners, banks, lenders, developmental organisations, etc, thereby ensuring achievement of program KPIs such as consumer onboarding, adoption, platform transactions and scaling
- The Community Pass team (part of Strategic Growth / Humanitarian & Development) in India is responsible to adoption and scaling of the Mastercard Farm Pass platform, into a commercially viable financial inclusion initiative. The team is also responsible for launching other cards based financial inclusion products relevant for rural India. This program is critical for the Mastercard India, to underpin our commitment and focus on financial inclusion
- New sales & business development – network with key potential partners and customers such as Banks, DFIs, IDOs, Agri players, Social impact firms, State Govts. etc and other stakeholders in the region, and drive partnerships
- Pilots rollouts: Identify pilot activities, key tasks, responsible person, key risks and dependencies and communicate them to the relevant stakeholders. Oversee launch of pilot programs
- Sales KPIs: Be the on-ground person to ensure all the program activities are rolled out as planned. This will include training of users, deployment of the solutions; post deployment support and drive to adoption. Track and achieve key KPIs such as farmers onboarded, transactions, usage etc
- Program Reporting: Provide weekly reporting indicating achievement, challenges, mitigation and next set of action items with regard to the pilot
- Stakeholder Management: manage our client/program relationships with the licensing partners, State Government, farmer producer organizations, Banks etc
All About You:
12-20 years experience in financial inclusion (consulting/ International donors/ foundations / international NGOs) Or digital payments sector (payment bank, payment fintechs, Prepaid providers) Or digital agriculture (agritech) sectors, in a combination of business development, strategy, sales or implementation functions
You are a post graduate, preferably tier 1 MBA, CA or Agricultural management, with strong and consistent academic performance
Proven and consistent Business Development and sales mgmt. experience. Go out of their way to get close to your customer in order to find out what their needs are, and how a product or service can really help. Have a clear mission that focuses on your customer's need above your own
You are a strong, confident, and exacting writer and communicator. You have excellent powerpoint and excel skills. Fluency in Marathi, Kannada or Telugu preferred
You are comfortable and flexible w.r.t extended travel in rural areas
You are always looking for potential solutions to solve problems
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website