We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Small Business Payments, NEAOverview:
The Director, Small Business Segment will be part of the Commercial/B2B team which is responsible for advancing the Mastercard small business efforts in Japan, and reports to Vice President, Commercial/B2B, Japan & Korea Division as well as dual reports to Vice President, SME Product, AP Region. The individual will be responsible for supporting Japan small business prepaid, debit and credit cards performance, which includes driving strategy, product development and management, analysis and reporting, and sharing best practices.
This role will be a point of contact for Small Business product development and sales to internal partners and issuers, and the individual will be responsible for delivering GDV, new customers, share and revenue objectives for the market. This role will require the ability to work both independently and in close partnership with internal stakeholders, thought leadership, influencing skills, and innovative approaches to product development, underpinned by strong analytical capabilities.
The key objectives of this role are to drive growth of the Small Business prepaid, debit and credit card portfolios, and achieve agreed targets in terms of new wins, GDV, revenue and/or share through the following activities:
• Possess deep knowledge of payment market products and programs across issuer, acquirer, merchant and end-user client perspective. Develop strategy and recommend new, differentiated features and benefits to enhance the Small Business sales and optimization strategy for existing and prospective issuers, 3rd party partners and acceptance partners in order to drive new business and incremental growth for Mastercard's Small Business portfolio
• Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across Account Team, Division Product leads, Marketing, Loyalty, Finance, Pricing and Interchange, Franchise, Legal, Customer Delivery, as well as third parties/partners to support new card product launches and/or enhancements and go-to-market initiatives
• Provide consultative sales enablement, especially during complex and cross-departmental sales/product discussions through the combination of deep functional skills and a thorough understanding of Mastercard's assets, positioning the organization as the best product partner for the customer. Negotiate successfully & reaches mutually beneficial solutions for all parties on product solutions. Proactively identify opportunities to create customized product solutions.
• Monitor the landscape of competitive products and industry trends via desktop research or primary research engagements, understand their implications on the Mastercard Small Business cards portfolio, and make the necessary adjustments
• Champion digital enablement (e.g. digital first, contactless, tokenization) within the Small Business space and drive adoption of digital solutions and best-in-class customer experience
• Effectively communicate the launch of new products, services & platforms and/or enhancements to internal stakeholders and external customers through bulletin announcements, briefing sessions, PR, customer pitches, etc
• Ensure that issuer product propositions are in line with platform constructs
• Act as link between Global/Regional Small Business team and Japan teams in developing new card propositions and narratives, and best practice sharing
All About You:
• Strong product development & management skills, with demonstrated ability to deliver
• Relevant industry experience preferred, such as payments, cards, financial services etc.
• Track record of initiating new approaches to doing business and driving implementation to deliver tangible business results
• Strong team player with good communication and presentation skills
• Strong research, analytical and technical skills
• Strong negotiation skill combined with business perspective
• Self-motivated and able to operate within a cross-functional team environment
• Good at coordinating complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
• Skilled at management reporting and gathering insights from granular data in order to influence decision making
• Bachelor's degree holder
• Strong in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website