We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Software Development EngineeringMastercard Loyalty - Rewards
Mastercard's Loyalty is a part of Data & Services and works closely with major financial organizations, retailers, airlines, and other enterprises to provide a range of offerings that span data management, rewards and offers, and much more all to enable frictionless customer transactions and improve customer Loyalty experiences. As a Director, Software Development Engineering in Loyalty's Rewards program, you will have the opportunity to lead the development of key Mastercard Rewards capabilities that help our global customers grow.
As a lead for Mastercard Rewards Services, you will bring your management, and full stack development experience to support highly effective agile teams building both Rewards services, Pay with Rewards and mobile capabilities that combined, process billions of transactions in a scaled production environment.
We are looking for an innovative leader who can provide leadership and career mentorship to high performing teams. This individual will support high performing development team by developing the process, culture, and organization necessary to deliver against aggressive objectives. They will use their full-stack development expertise to navigate requirements, provide inputs into capacity and staffing, and invest in forward-thinking development priorities while keeping a focus on the customer and on-time delivery.
As a Director, Software Engineering on the Mastercard Rewards Services teams, you will:
• Formally supervise, coach, and develop a high performing services teams
• Ensure your team's compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal process
• Provide strategic leadership related to specific applications and systems, or software-development methodologies
• Lead the design of major and complex parts of the platform while ensuring high-quality development
• Define state of the art service-oriented software architectures
• Serve as a technical resource for team members and mentor junior engineers and teammates
• Lead planning and scoping features for the team
• Play a central role in scaling and automating the growth data processes and applications in the cloud and the datacenter
• Critically review code and guide the team with a focus on improving the code quality
• Continuously innovate and determine new technologies and approaches to deal with growing data sets faster and faster
• Play a key role in shaping the direction of engineering processes through working on a small team empowered to organize and run the team as they see fit
• Consistently raise standards, insisting on better and continuously improving.
• Manage vendor relationships for SOW engagements
All About You
• Experience in managing, coaching, and guiding high performing multiple software development teams of varying levels across locations
• Ability to work across business lines to navigate, and to effectively communicate and partner with others with a wide range of experiences and levels in a large, global organization
• Ability to translate business requirements to technical deliverables, and to partner with product development teams
• Demonstrable experience in developing strategic roadmaps to meet customer needs
• Full-stack engineering experience in an agile production environment
• Experience solving and implementing scalable solutions to solve complex problems
• Familiarity in modular design using and creating single-responsibility services and APIs
• Experience automating and scaling complex dataflow and application architectures
• Strong understanding of web technologies, server-side technologies for developing microservices
• Knowledge of modern object-oriented programming languages. C# is a plus
• Passion for analytical/quantitative problem solving
• Experience in CI/CD for production-scale products with a focus on the engineering methodology
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on user-centric product teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Superior academic record with a degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Fintech experience a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website