We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Software EngineeringOverview
Be part of the Operations & Technology developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
· Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
· Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
· Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
· Work closely with product and DMP leadership to help drive vision and help take that vision to implementation.
· Create solution that would be able to cater to different products and maintaining health of the platform.
· Lead Scrum teams to meet commitments and maintain high quality deliverable objectives.
· Hands-on technical leader who brings considerable experience doing application development.
· A good people manager to help build employee careers and handle day to day activities outside software development.
· Manage vendor relationships for SOW engagements and vendor software packages we utilize on the platform.
· Strategic and Tactical vision that enables immediate and long term growth of the platform.
· Partner with business on product management and ownership
· Consistently raise standards, insisting on better and continuously improving.
All About You
· Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure.
· Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
· High level of ownership on platform services and components
· Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
· Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
· Knowledge of software development processes including agile processes
· Experience with the design and development of complex and multi-tier architectures.
· A quick learner and able to drive teams around technical solution.
· Essential skills:
○ Understanding of high availability, scalability, resiliency, performance and application security
○ Ability to build and maintain high performing teams
○ Experience with relational databases like Oracle
○ Experience with high volume platforms
· Below skills would be a plus:
○ Cloud engineering framework (PCF, K8s etc)
○ Knowledge and experience with business rule management ( IBM ODM ILOG Jrules)
○ Messaging – MQ and Kaftka
○ Working with platforms that have multi-footprint environments across demographic locations.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website