We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Specialist Sales, Advisors Business DevelopmentOverview:
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. Client verticals include Financial Institutions, Retail & Commerce and Digital Partners, Governments and many others.
Director role supporting Test & Learn platform sales in North East Asia (Japan and South Korea) leveraged by 300+ clients globally and growing revenue with new clients in key segments (Digital, Tech, Retail, Restaurants, Travel).
• Responsible for developing and executing the sales strategy for a key set of prospect accounts within Japan and South Korea to secure multimillion-dollar, multi-year deals
• Build and develop a cold pipeline into an active one, ultimately progressing to signed platform deals
• Build and develop a strong network of channel partners (Sis/ VARs/OEMs/Referral)
• Ability to message the benefits of bundling Test & Learn with other Data & Services products (SessionM, Managed Services, Spending Pulse, Customer Data Enhancement, etc.)
• Advocate for funding incentives the Market Development team and with Mastercard Core for CBA penetration
• Strong communication and influencing skills, should be a compelling presenter to senior client audiences and able to influence large deals
• Ability to seamlessly partner across our Data & Services Sales CBL population
• Native level proficiency in Japanese and/or Korean languages
• Excellent problem solving and analytics skills and should be able to go head to head with internal stakeholders and customers alike with fact-based thinking
• Will serve as the face of Mastercard D&S to senior level client stakeholders, including c-suite
All About You
• Deep understanding of the suite of Mastercard Data & Services value propositions with a thoughtful approach to executing within and across markets
• Deep understanding of the Mastercard merchant business and account management function
• Strong commercial drive with ability to build and monetize senior client relationships based on empathy, thought leadership and subject matter expertise
• Strong software or data driven solution selling background with success with 12-18+ month sales cycles; never give up attitude, excellent at ‘pounding the pavement' through email/phone cold outreach
• 15+ years of progressively complex hunting sales within Financial Services, Digital / Retail / Restaurants / Tech / sectors; rolodex of C-Level / EVP / SVP contacts preferred
• Ability to thrive and build robust pipeline with limited lead generation support
• Strong networker across relevant stakeholder base with the ability to listen, build common ground and influence in order to effectively advance business opportunities and generate revenues
• Revenue management and P&L experience
• Revenue goal-setting abilities
• Top-level sales skills (internally and externally) combined with strong negotiation capabilities required for large deals
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website