We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleDirector, Tax TechnologyOverview:
Mastercard's Global Tax Department is a sophisticated and fast-paced environment of talented tax professionals. We are seeking a tax technologist with proven experience in leading teams, project management, process design/improvement and detailed execution, to work with tax professionals in all aspects of Mastercard's Tax Department's tax technology initiatives.
• This individual will be responsible for working with tax and non-tax colleagues, including Mastercard's Financial Systems and Global Business Service Center Teams to define requirements, collaborate on design and process improvements with the goal of building and implementing Mastercard's tax technology systems and strategy. This involves assistance in developing and leading the execution of a multi-year roadmap created to ensure that MasterCard's Tax Department is supported by world-class technology and supporting processes.
• In order to be successful, the Director - Tax Technology must possess the ability to contribute to the development and implementation of the strategic roadmap, while still engaging in day-to-day tactical details.
• This individual will need to organize projects, define and articulate requirements (verbal and written), and lead colleagues and consultants on all aspects of project delivery.
• In addition, he/she will develop and/or apply tax technical knowledge while assisting with aspects of the tax provision and tax compliance processes
• Are you eager to learn, have a willingness to go into unfamiliar territory, and possess good judgment and initiative? Do you possess deep knowledge of tax technology and tax process best practices, and are you able to translate that knowledge into actionable solutions?
Major Responsibilities (approximately 60% Tax Technology & 40% Tax Provision and Compliance support):
• Assist in the development of a tax technology strategy supporting tax compliance and provision platforms to maximize efficiencies and streamline processes
• The candidate should have recent corporate income tax experience, strong communication skills and be a champion of process and technology improvements.
• Support the maintenance of an effective internal control structure ensuring compliance with Mastercard policy and U.S. GAAP and proactively managing existing and anticipated risks
• Work with a large team of tax and finance professionals who are managing a various complex and global processes involving tax accounting and tax compliance activities.
• Establish and maintain partnerships with shared service functions including Global Business Service Center (“GBSC”), financial systems, risk management and regional sites
• Maintain accountability and ownership of key process documentation and operating procedures
• Support Senior Management in ad hoc projects, including projections, audit defense and transactional analysis.
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance and/or concentration or advanced degree in information systems
• CPA, Enrolled Agent or other professional certification is a plus but not required
• Corporate Tax experience is a plus but not required
• Workflow/ process design and implementation/ re-engineering experience
• Working with relational databases and web applications/services
• Experience in corporate tax compliance and provision systems and processing; Experience with CorpTax is a plus
• Skilled in building and updating Alteryx workflows, familiarity with Alteryx Server functionality is a plus
• Exceptional Excel and Access Database skills
• Experience in Hyperion and or Oracle Financial Systems
• Experience working with tax and accounting professionals,
• Ability to write clear concise requirements documents
• Highly motivated and organized; excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work in a high-performing team environment
• Ability to identify issues/opportunities and to frame business questionsIn the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Westchester County Salary Range: $162,000 - $252,000
Apply on company website