We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead DevOps EngineerAbout the role:
MasterCard is in the process of transforming to an Agile culture which is bringing about a reorganisation of the technical engineering teams. In concert, we are building upon our industry leading knowledge to develop our Real Time Platforms.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for working within a product focussed Engineering Group. You will be focussed on:
• Working within the DevOps Guild to ensure consistency of approach and knowledge share across products
• Enabling product teams to move fast into production
• Integrating network, infrastructure and operations concepts to deliver our products
• Writing exemplary, well tested code as and when necessary
• Customer focussed delivery
You are a DevOps expert skilled in the cultural and technical principles & practices of the DevOps movement with experience of implementing DevOps approach and associated tools within an organisation. You have a desire to continually improve your own skills and the ability to transfer those skills to others and, of course, you love seeing your software in production.
Together, you will be part of a team who will plan and shape the route DevOps takes within the organisation
• Enable product teams through implementation of deployment pipelines and deployment strategy from dev to production in a cloud based environment, on premise and hybrid.
• Leads and manages complex initiatives and projects; defines workflows and timeframes to support specifications and guidelines
• Provides input into design of automation for full infrastructure deployment; manages review of and tests for compatibility and integration processes needed to connect with other devices
• Develops and implements maintenance plans to address technical issues; seeks opportunities for improvement and efficiency
• Performs technical analysis of complex software, hardware, and transmission facility using various diagnostic tools
• Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees
• Provides input into performance appraisal process for some junior employees or team members
All about you:
• Strong experience of working within Agile frameworks – Scrum and Kanban
• Strong experience in a cloud based environment, e.g. one of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
• Strong experience of Infrastructure As Code automation in a container based environment
• Strong experience using a container schedule and orchestration framework such as Kubernetes, Mesos etc.
• Ability to design build and implement a CI server – such as Jenkins, Maven/Gradle
• Drive issue resolution and root cause identification
• Able to orchestrate the build and deployment of a container environment including zero downtime and blue/green deployments – using tools such as Ansible/Chief/Puppet
• Able to design and implement centralised monitoring solutions including logging, monitoring, alerting.
• Experience with complex software, hardware, and transmission facility using various diagnostic tools
• Demonstrated extensive experience in several highly specialized phases of Platform Services
• Experience with various private, public and hybrid platforms, continuous integration or delivery as a service, DevOps and distributed computing
• Experience supporting cross-functional leadership to ensure project objectives and deadlines are met
• Extensive IT experience across the full SDLC
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen, present and communicate solutions clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences
• Strong problem solving skills
• Understanding of solution trade-offs such as cost, scope, timescale, and balance between long-term strategic and short-term pragmatic considerations
• Ability to work at a professional level with little management direction and leadership
• Drive a culture of continuous improvement to raise the quality of deliverables
• Act as a mentor to less experienced engineers and be responsible for up skilling where required
• Identify opportunities to strengthen organisational processes, tools and ways of working
• Strong hands on knowledge of Unix / Linux
• Strong experience scripting solutions in Python
• Strong knowledge of the Infrastructure As Code tool
• Strong knowledge of the build tool Maven
• Strong knowledge of at least one RDBMS, e.g. Oracle / MySql / PostgreSQL
• Ability to build a network in AWS or Azure
• Experienced with administering Docker containers
• Experienced with administering a container orchestrator and scheduler, e.g. one of Kuberenetes, Rancher, Mesos, Swarm
• Experienced in Configuration Management using Ansible
• Expert in deploying packages using rpm/yum
• Working knowledge of the Atlassian Suite – Crowd, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, HipChat
• Working knowledge of Ancillary pipeline tools Nexus, Sonatype, CheckStyle
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website