We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead DevOps EngineerJob Description Summary
By joining Mastercard's Cyber and Intelligence technology organization, you'll deliver exciting new solutions that will fight fraud, reduce customer risk, and validate cardholder identity. As a member of MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, you'll work on a world class platform that processes billions of transactions per day, in ten's of milliseconds, using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability. The Lead Software Engineer position will provide leadership and expertise to advance the platform's infrastructure automation capabilities and establish a strategic roadmap for the program. Infrastructure automation is a key enabler that underpins our ability to efficiently scale the platform to meet market driven growth demands and respond to global pressures driven by regionalism and nationalism such as “on soil” requirements.
· Would you like to be part of a team developing industry leading solutions to fight fraud?
· Are you motivated by using state of the art technologies to speed business solutions to market?
· Do you want to create innovative technology solutions to solve challenging business problems?
- Define and execute against a program strategy for advancing program level infrastructure automation capabilities
- Lead program infrastructure automation build efforts, and develop automation capabilities to promote quality by design, self-healing and fault tolerance at the platform infrastructure layer.
- Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees
- Provides input into performance appraisal process for some junior employees or team members
- Designs highly complex applications, interfaces and integration with a modest number of systems
- Integrates at an enterprise level using third-party middleware or messaging products, or by designing and implementing custom interfaces and mapping for those interfaces
- Responsible for performance engineering of the enterprise software architecture, and providing functional guidance, advice, and/or training to other application developers
- Modest advanced code development, code review and day-to-day support duties
- Group-wide and external public speaking and other communications conveying domain level directions
- Researching and evaluating tools to support domain-specific needs· Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
· Build and manage health of development environments, including physical infrastructure and support of on demand dev cloud provisioning.
- Provide world-class support and expertise for infrastructure and environment build outs
- Set the direction for automating deployment of applications and testing
- Continually find opportunities for efficiencies regarding software releases to different environment
- Partner with operations teams to build infrastructure and environment solutions.
- Lead environment build outs
- Drive development strategy including code management
- Lead environment troubleshooting
- Constantly communicate the strategic vision and be the role model for energizing others to work towards the vision
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- Evolve processes and standards definitions
- Help to develop and communicate best practices
All About You
· Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
· Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
· Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
· Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
· Deep knowledge of software development processes including agile processes and test driven development
· Experience with the design and development of complex, multi-tier software solutions
· Essential Skills required:
· Extensive experience with various Infrastructure Automation tools including CHEF, SaltStack, and Habitat.
· Extensive experience building cookbooks/templates/plans to automate provisioning of physical and virtual hosts, as well as operational run activities.
· Strong background and understanding of various PaaS and Container Orchestration Systems such as Cloud Foundary and Kubernetes.
· Extensive experience in deployment automation concepts and tooling including Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, Maven, and advanced branching strategies
· Proven track record of leading and executing on enterprise level infrastructure automation initiatives and demonstrated business results.
· Strong understanding of Linux VMs and Cloud Based VMs
· Strong Linux and shell scripting
· Oracle & PL/SQL and advanced SQL scripting
· A wide breadth and depth of technical experience using Java/JEE
· Spring Framework (including Spring Boot).
o Messaging – MQ and JMS
o Business rules execution systems (e.g. IBM Operational Decision Manager (ODM - formerly ILOG))
o Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website