We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Java DeveloperAbout the role:
Vocalink Mastercard Engineering is in the process of organising itself to enable building products in a modular and more flexible way. We are building upon our industry leading knowledge to develop our Next Gen platforms.
The Manager, Software Development Engineering is responsible for working within a product focussed Engineering Group to delivery our NextGen solutions. You will be focussed on:
• Lead development of a critical section of the next generation of payment products
• Architecting, design and implementation of the solution
• Writing exemplary code
• Mentoring team members in Agile ways of working
• Mentoring team members in technical best practice
• Provide constructive feedback for individual engineer's performance improvement on a cadence
• Guide engineers through their career progression
• Customer focussed delivery
You are friendly and approachable with a love for the craft of software development. You have a desire to continually improve your own skills and the ability to transfer those skills to others and, of course, you love seeing your software in production.
At Vocalink we deliver products and services that are market leading and we can only do this because of our people. The Manager will be part of a team accountable for delivering our products and services successfully in order to maintain our market leading position.
• Support the business in the successful delivery of change, agility and continuous improvement
• Meet the business/customer requirements and be in accordance with defined quality, coding standards and architectural principles.
• Ensure delivery of solutions to the highest quality
• Assessment, selection and adoption of key technologies to drive software development and deliver efficiency
• Mentor team members in new ways of working using techniques such as paired programming, leading hackathons etc.
• Foster a collaborative culture within the delivery team
• Work within the team to foster a culture of collaboration, high performance and rapid delivery
• To work across all Vocalink sites and service lines, which includes some international travel
• To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested
• To drive towards a self-learning organisation
• To build continuous improvement into our ways of working
• To make extensive use of automation (as appropriate) – not limited to test automation.
All about you:
A good level of verbal and written English skills
Experience delivering solutions within an agile model and scaled agile approaches
Strong mentoring skills, encourage and grow developers in their craft
Previous experience in developing high performing systems with a track record of successful delivery
Strong technical ability to support collaborative interaction with development teams, architects and business leads
Successfully history of delivery cloud based solutions
Expertise in Test Driven Development
Successful history of delivering in a Continuous Delivery environment
Expertise in Jenkins, Gitlab pipelines or another build pipeline technology
Triage and debug of production issues
Knowledge of current software architecture trends and practices
Experience performance testing and tuning applications in a high throughput, low latency environment
Technically astute at a high level
• Should be highly competent at leading development and test
• Demonstrate deep experience of modern development practices - software configuration management, continuous integration, deployment and test
Worked with or built in modern technology
• Continuous integration/delivery
• Automated test at unit and acceptance test level
• Cloud based technologies
Delivery focused in required time frames
• Delivered shippable product after every sprint
• Understand end to end tool chain and how that underpins speed
• Worked within a range of agile models, e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean
• In depth Java 7+ experience and at least one other JVM language (e.g. Scala, Clojure)
• Maven build tool
• Performance and optimisation tools such as JMH, Grinder, JMeter, JClarity's Censum
• Container technologies, e.g. Docker
• Container orchestration/scheduling technologies, e.g. Kubernetes, Apache Mesos
• Working with public cloud providers, e.g. AWS
• One or more messages queues, e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
• Knowledge of XML/XSD/JSON
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website