We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Software Developer (Java/Angular/Cloud)Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Cyber & Intelligence (C&I) team is responsible for MasterCard's safety and security related product development efforts to protect the integrity of the electronic payment system as well as ensure payments are convenient yet secure. The products are primarily focused at Cyber Security, authentication, fraud prevention, risk mitigation and dispute resolution across all payment channels as well as all stakeholders; issuers, acquirers, merchants, processors and consumers. The key objectives of the solutions are to prove identity, reduce abandonments, reduce fraud, increase approval rates and secure the payments ecosystem.
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for talented software development engineers and architects to develop advanced technologies and applications that are revolutionizing payments.
- Are you passionate about software engineering?
- Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers across the globe?
- Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
- Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
- Do you want to join a Company that offers a competitive benefits-and rewards program that attracts, develops and retains the most talented employees around the world?
- Drive the architectural design, including dependent services, service interactions and policies
- Hands-on developer / architect who writes high quality, secure code that is modular, functional and testable
- Create or introduce, test, and deploy disruptive technology to optimize existing services and/or create new market opportunities.
- Design and build technical roadmaps to optimize services and functions with a focus on performance and cost/benefit optimization
- Contribute to all parts of the software's development including design, development, documentation, and testing
- Have strong ownership of your team's software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies including hardware, operating system, and build
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment. Public speaking as a technology evangelist for Mastercard
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Expert foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts – able to teach/mentor others in their learning
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages such as Java, Angular, Scala, NodeJS, Jasmine etc.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills – prior speaking/blogging engagements in technical forums and conferences
- Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Expert in TDD and BDD in the software development processes
- Proficiency with cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, serverless technology, NoSQL databases), micro-service design, CI/CD, DevOps
- Experience designing scalable fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures
- Experience with the strangulation pattern and anti-corruption layers to migrate monolithic systems into independent services
- Mentor and teacher of new technologies and design patterns
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website