Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleLead Software Development Engineer in TestJob Description Summary
The Fraud and Security Products team develops new capabilities for Mastercard's fraud prevention platform. We protect cardholders / card issuers and aim to eradicate credit card fraud. Our industry-leading platform processes billions of transactions per month with execution times literally 10X faster than you can blink. To enable us to uphold the high standard of these fraud and security applications we are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers to play a critical role in the upkeep and continual health of these products.
The Software Engineer in Test role will ensure these products continue to meet the high expectations from our customers by notably improving existing functionality, updating stale or outdated functions, proactively adding scalability while continuing to add enhanced value to these products.
• Would you like to work on a team that is building industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Do you want to learn cutting edge technologies and help solve complex business problems?
• Do you have creative problem-solving techniques?
• Are you motivated to be a part of an organisation that is driving a world beyond cash?
• Work with a talented team of developers and test engineers to develop high performance,
high volume Java fraud management applications
• This position will be responsible for delivering of Quality Engineering services (Code quality,
Testing Services, Performance Engineering, Testing and Environment automation,
Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration) .
• Extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and
open source agile testing frameworks.
• Author automated test suites with code, front end GUI automation and API testing
• Perform ad hoc / exploratory testing methodically to ensure system is working as expected
by end user
• Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of
testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression)
• Track testing progress and defects via JIRA
• Participate in the process to continually enhance best practices for quality assurance
• Interacts with technology staff including Quality Engineers, Operations, Developers, Devops
Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s
and deliver services.
• Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering,
Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) among various delivery
All About You
• Strong Java coding experience
• Use of JUnit/Jbehave/ Cucumber frameworks
• Experience in Testing Web services, Web UI, APIs
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with
Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover)
• Passionate about code quality and coding best practices.
• Good knowledge of Linux / Unix
• Sound knowledge of Java, Spring, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, Rest Assured, Jbehave/Cucumber
frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as
Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
• Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software quickly
• Strong knowledge of traditional testing methodologies and how it applies exploratory testing
in an Agile environment
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure
in an independent environment.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship,
collaborative skills and organizational skills.louds (Perfecto, Device Anywhere, Testdroid, etc)
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website