We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Software Development EngineerLead Software Engineering
As a Lead Software Development Engineer in Data & Services, you will have the opportunity to build high performance analytics platform that advance how businesses all over the world unleash the most value from their data. Our next generation platform blends industry-leading analytics, advanced software architecture, and the latest web technologies. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
MasterCard software engineering teams leverage Agile development principles, advanced development and design practices, and an obsession over security, reliability, and performance to deliver solutions that delight our customers. We're looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer to join Loyalty Rewards to develop advanced technologies and applications and will help modernize and revolutionize Loyalty components of our high performant api services systems.
- Are you passionate about software engineering?
- Do you want to own the direction of key components of a world class platform?
- Does the opportunity modernizing services for a highly complex platform challenge you?
- Do you enjoy seeing the impact your code has on a wide range of customers across the globe?
- Do you want to work for a company that offers above and beyond benefits including paid parental leave, flexible work hours, gift matching, and even volunteer incentives while encouraging your own professional learning and development?
- Do you thrive in a place where you are continuously learning more while growing your skills and career?
- Hands-on developer who writes high quality, secure code that is modular, functional and testable.
- Own and drive technology direction to modernize api / cloud services that support a world class Rewards platform
- Help drive the architectural design, including dependent services, service interactions and policies
- Create or introduce, test, and deploy disruptive technology to optimize existing services and/or create new market opportunities
- Design and build technical road-maps to optimize services and functions with a focus on performance and cost/benefit optimization
- Contribute to all parts of the software's development including design, development, documentation, and testing.
- Have strong ownership of your team's software and are deep in the maintenance characteristics, runtime properties and dependencies including hardware, operating system, and build.
- Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment. Public speaking as a technology evangelist for Mastercard
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Expert foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts – able to teach/mentor others in their learning
- Advanced proficiency in in Java, Spring MVC / Spring boot/ Web Services (SOAP/REST)
- Experience in data engineering especially in Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
- Prior working experience with public or private cloud systems
- Experience with Agile development methodologies such as SAFE, SCRUM, Extreme Programming, TDD etc.
- Has experience in the “Ops” in DevOps
o Experience in production support.
o Experience with Agile systems development techniques utilizing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD)
o Strong background working with Linux/UNIX environments
o Strong knowledge and experience with instrumenting and monitoring systems
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills – prior speaking/blogging engagements in technical forums and conferences
- Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Expert in TDD and BDD in the software development processes
- Experience designing scalable fault tolerant platforms that are resilient to infrastructure failures
- Experience with the strangulation pattern and anti-corruption layers to migrate monolithic systems into independent services
- Expert in modern software design principles such as SOLID, DRY, and Single responsibility
- Working experience in a cloud native environments like PCF, OpenShift, Azure is a plus.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website