We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleLead Software Development Engineer- Technical leadWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Interested in building the next generation platform that empowers end-to-end marketing campaign management inclusive of audience targeting and campaign execution and measurement? The overarching goal of data-driven marketing is to deliver the right content, to the right person, at the right time.
We are growing rapidly in Vancouver in the beautiful British Columbia. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about reimagine products, features, and services while managing ambiguity. If you wish to be part of this Priceless® experience, read below.
The Integrated Marketing Platform (IMP) team is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer (Technical lead) to provide technical ownership, with an emphasis on engineering efficiency, on-time delivery and an awesome experience to our customers.
The ideal candidate has expertise in building microservices using new and emerging technologies. The person will get a chance to develop innovative solutions and transform the way Mastercard automates, optimize and innovate digital marketing life cycle.
In this role, you will:
• Provide technical leadership and expertise for architecting new platform capabilities.
• Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
• Design & develop REST APIs and webservices using Java, Spring Boot and other emerging technologies.
• Lead team comprising of dynamic UI developers, full stack and data engineers to build highly available, large-scale and fault-tolerant platform.
• Be responsible for assessing technologies and approaches for integrating backend data services with user interface.
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Participate in PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Work closely with team members from across Mastercard to identify functional and system requirements.
• Understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business requirements
All About you
The ideal candidate for this position expected to:
• Provide technical thought leadership and expertise for architecting new platform capabilities
• Be hands-on with Java, Spring Boot and Microservices (REST API).
• Familiar with Modern Web Development in React and/or Angular (2+), NodeJS, GraphQL etc.
• Be skilled at architecting large and complex distributed platforms.
• Understand Domain Driven Design (DDD) and Event Driven design (EDD).
• Build and govern automated quality framework based on JUnit and Mockito and have solid understanding of BDD testing framework.
• Understand CI/CD using tools like Jenkins.
• Have excellent oral and written communication
• Be familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies
• Have demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Be a strong, confident, and able to communicate solution and Architecture effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website