We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager Cross BorderJob Description – Manager Cross Border
• Do you want to play a key role in driving a world beyond cash?
• Are you a self-starter who can work independently under pressure?
• Are you motivated by developing new eCommerce offerings and value propositions for cross border busines
This role is charged with providing thought leadership and analytical rigor as it relates to cross border eCommerce.
• Be the ‘first line of defense' in identifying global trends and behaviors impacting Mastercard's cross border busines, specifically in eCommerce
o Utilize overall knowledge of card-based payments industry and MA's business operations to inform analysis
o Use MA's internal data resources to translate large data sets into meaningful business insights
o Incorporate external data research and analysis when necessary
• Specifically, end-to-end analytical ownership of key constituents (acquirers, payment facilitators, merchants etc), such as
o Identify which entities to assess
o Act proactively - Seek out business problems, develop business hypothesis, engage with account teams regarding final recommendations
o Package and present findings effectively across broad audience
• Be comfortable managing multiple threads of analysis
o Ability to dive deep into the details (i.e., specific acquirer/merchant/issuer in a specific country)
o Ability to see across (i.e., specific acquirer operating globally)
o Proactively identify new opportunities for analysis (ad hoc or on-going)
o Knowledge/monitoring of (in)direct trends impacting eCommerce (i.e., regulatory movements)
• Work closely with global & regional teams to architect, develop, and maintain advanced reporting and data visualization capabilities on large volumes of data in order to support business
• Translate business requirements into tangible solution specifications and high quality, on time deliverables •
• Create repeatable processes to support development of modeling and reporting
• Effectively use tools to manipulate large-scale databases, synthesizing data insights. Provide 1st level insights/conclusions/assessments and present findings via Tableau dashboards, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Apply quality control, data validation, and cleansing processes to new and existing data sources
All About You
• Experience in data management, data mining, data analytics, data reporting, data product development and quantitative analysis
• Financial Institution background or knowledge/exposure to payments and alternate payment industry strongly encouraged
• Experience presenting data findings in a readable and insight driven format. Experience building support decks.
• Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau a plus
• Strong problem-solving skills, creatively develop & synthesize data insights
• Self-starter, able to manage projects and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong communication skills, able to articulate business findings and recommendations across many different constituents
• High energy level; flexible, adaptive and inquisitive
• Highly organized with extensive attention to detail
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, M.B.A. preferred
• Advanced SQL coding. Experience with large data sets, is a plus
• Exposure to Hadoop environments, SQL, Python will be a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website