We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, Product Manager, Financial Inclusion Consumer SolutionsThe Financial Inclusion Consumer Solutions team is responsible for developing, leading and executing the long-term plan to bring the next 1 billion consumers onto the Mastercard network, helping the 1.7 billion unbanked around the world gain access and start using digital financial services. This includes the conceptualization, development, launch and consolidation/expansion of commercially sustainable products that target the underserved and the unbanked both in developing and developed markets.
The successful candidate for the role of Manager, Product Management will work with key internal and external stakeholders to build and deliver value propositions that support our Financial Inclusion strategy. In summary, this would require the candidate to:
• Serve as the Product Owner for new and existing financial inclusion solutions, acting as the lead throughout the product life cycle.
• Identify key areas of opportunity, determine prioritization, and leverage internal & external assets to develop new solutions that enable differentiated product constructs to be deployed in the market.
• Lead commercialization and use case expansion efforts for new products to achieve scale, closely collaborating with regional and market teams.
• Identify opportunities and drive end-to-end value proposition development.
• Conduct and oversee research to leverage market insights, and best practices.
• Embrace the complexity of the Financial Inclusion ecosystem and act as an ambassador for Mastercard internally and externally.
• Collaborate closely with legal, CX, financial, and technical teams to identify, consolidate and translate market needs into product strategy and product requirements.
• Work with key external partners (Financial Institutions, NGO's, Digital Players, relevant private and non-profit organizations etc.) where needed, including senior executives.
• Monitor the competitive landscape - traditional, nontraditional, and new competitors.
• Work with global and regional product management teams to enhance go-to-market strategies and customer pipelines.
• Drive overall product roadmap and monitor performance metrics that assess product performance, revenue, share, and other key metrics.
All About You
• Extensive experience in product development and management with proven success in creating and executing successful product strategies. Experience with financial inclusion products or underserved segments preferred.
• Demonstrate a strong passion for Financial Inclusion and the benefits it has to help bring consumers out of the cycle of poverty and into the world's digital economy.
• Bachelor's degree in business or technology related field. Advanced degree preferred.
• Superior communication, presentation and interpersonal skills including the ability to work with and influence both senior internal and external constituents.
• Solid understanding of the unbanked/underserved segment: needs, competitive offerings, and industry trends within a variety of regional/global marketplaces
• Exhibits tenacity, encourages healthy debate, and challenges conventional thinking.
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently.
• Experience working with or in disruptive Fintechs or emerging technologies highly valued.
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success, taking fintech products from research and ideation to development and commercial launch.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website