Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleManager, Software Development Engineering -Java Technical ManagerOverview
Mastercard® Global Data Repository—a leading technology repository that houses enhanced information (daily transactions from MasterCard issuers plus data from vendors such as airlines and hotels). GDR powers multiple Mastercard commercial products and provides enriched data to Mastercard smartdata.gen2, a scalable, global, web-based solution of payment data and information management.
Global Data Repository (GDR), maintains data in a highly secure environment behind multiple firewalls, it collects detailed data from many different sources and aggregates it into a single common format for distribution to various entities. It distributes data globally on a daily basis to issuers and their customers via Smart Data solutions, or directly to those customers using their own MIS or ERP system.
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, and highly efficient co-located individuals. There are multiple teams as part of SmartData GDR, spread over (Pune) India and (St. Louis) USA.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects, project managers and product owners. • The team is cross-functional, and follows the agile SAFE methods to deliver the work
This is a Manager position for GDR application within the suite of Commercial products, based out of Pune. This is a very strong position that offers full ownership of the application. As a manager you will be accountable and responsible for this application from all aspects related to customer commitments, release quality, release processes, application health and performance along with team/stakeholder management and other day to day operations.
As part of this role you will:
• Work closely with Product Managers to understand high level business needs & manage the pipeline.
• Multitask and be able to work with project teams, release teams, business owners and other stakeholders distributed across geographies
• Motivate and work closely with the scrum team for their day to delivery
• Understand the challenges that team is facing and help them address, be it related to stakeholders, process, quality, operations, delivery etc
• Ensure appropriate processes (business features thru deployment phases) are in place and team is adhering to the standards.
• Play the role of scrum master aligned to SAFE methodology
• Capacity planning and PI planning for the team and ensure that iterations progresses and on track
• Own change management process right from creation through deployment and closure
• Ensure that customer commitments are met on time and with quality
• Lead and drive the process, quality and application health related initiatives
• Manage the career development of the team, coach and mentor the team members
All About You
• A high energy individual with entrepreneurial skills and a passion to own a product
• Experience managing a cross-functional team on a global scale
• Experience developing team members and influencing executive management
• Strong experience in Agile and SDLC delivery methods
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience identifying, analyzing and mitigating risks
• Ability to translate technical information into business language
• Ability to effectively collaborate in a geographically distributed work environment
• Highly proactive with strong coordination and organization skills – This is important for this role.
• Knowledge and experience of working with JIRA/Rally will be preferred
• Understanding of and experience with C/C++/Java will be preferred and stand you in good stead
• Desire to stay abreast with technology, new development tools and methods
• Good understanding of Payment domain, PCI, PII and other financial security requirements
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website