Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleManaging ConsultantOverview
Mastercard Advisors helps you grow your business through consumer analytics that inform smarter decisions. Advisors data analytics drive actionable insight. Our global consultancy delivers deep industry expertise to make sense of that data, layered with a proprietary marketing approach that drives ROI based on consumer spend behavior.
The primary role of a Managing Consultant in the Advanced Analytics Practice is to design, build and implement analytical solutions in marketing and other functional areas for Mastercard customers (e.g. banks, merchants, etc). In addition, the Managing Consultant is expected to provide business development support and drive analytics-based innovation
• Have you ever helped a retailer understand what behaviors drive customer performance and how to leverage this knowledge?
• Are you intrigued by the potential of big data?
• Do you ever wonder if existing data assets could be used in new ways?
The Managing Consultant, Merchant analytics will be required to:
• Interface with Advisors regional Business Development, GP&S, Market Development and Advisors Global Business Line teams (Consulting, Managed Services, Information Services) to identify, size and scope of scalable opportunities
• Support business development Initiatives
• Ensure effective delivery of advanced analytics engagements such as, for example:
o Conduct statistical analysis of large customer datasets to improve marketing, credit risk, and operational performance
o Build predictive models and credit scores
o Conduct customer segmentation analysis and build customer profiles
o Leverage analytics to develop and optimize credit policies
o Target and optimize marketing campaigns
o Develop detailed business cases to optimize the implementation of analytical solutions
• Contribute as a thought leader to develop intellectual capital
The Managing Consultant, Merchant analytics needs to function autonomously with clients either alone or as part of a small team of consultants. The individual in this role may be required to serve in the role of project manager, managing the client relationship and orchestrating the roles and responsibilities of the project team. Specifically, from a project management and client management perspective, the successful applicant in Advanced Analytics will be required to:
• Define and integrate project plans for multi-workstream projects.
• Lead small project teams (consisting of other Advisors consultants as well as team members from the client-side).
• Integrate team results, and prepare and deliver presentations to the client.
• As the face of MasterCard on-site with the client/member bank, manage the relationship with the client
Finally, the Managing Consultant, Merchant analytics role is a hands-on, with frequent requirements for statistical programming and data analysis. While the Managing Consultant may be in the position of leveraging more junior resources (either from Advisors or from the client) in the execution of detailed statistical programming and data analysis tasks, he/she must also be capable and willing to be hands-on and self-sufficient in this regard.
All About You
• Solid experience in developing analytical solutions for marketing and/or credit risk in retail. Particularly relevant to this role is hands-on experience in marketing analytics, esp. campaign planning, design and measurement, supported by extensive use of test & learn approaches - a business analyst, not a developer
• Consulting and project management experience preferred
• Strong statistical programming skills required (SAS, R or Python preferred)
• Strong, hands-on data analysis skills
• Experience in multivariate cross-sectional analysis of large customer databases (including predictive modeling, credit scoring, cluster analyses, and survival analysis) is preferred
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
• Strong presentation verbal and written skills required
• You have an analytical mind, enjoy using insights and bring a passion for problem solving
• Independent, motivated self-starter - acts with a sense of urgency
• Meticulous and detail oriented
• Strong multi-tasking skills: must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects in a highly demanding global environment
• Trust-based senior client management and relationship building
• Good written, verbal and presentation skills with the ability to package and present ideas with clarity to different levels in the organisation, incl. at C-level
• Self-starter with the ability to work unguided as necessary
• MS in Statistics or equivalent preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website