We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Managing Consultant, Advisors Business DevelopmentOverview
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
The Business Development Managing Consultant is part of the South Asia Business Development team. As a key team member, the Managing Consultant is responsible for customer engagement at Senior Management level with key Merchants and FIs across the South Asia region and for driving Advisors sales in the assigned markets. He or she is also involved in the execution of projects leading the project delivery team.
• Generate and maintain Data & Services revenue opportunities with strategically important merchants and FIs across South Asia
• Foster strong relationships with key client executives, as well as internally with key Mastercard stakeholders that tie directly to ROI, and are built on a foundation of trust and value creation
• Support the development of creative business solutions for complex business problems across the Data & Services business, including insights, analytics, Test & Learn, loyalty, managed services and consulting services
• Managing sales pipeline, advancing early stage opportunities to approvals and signature, with continued engagement post sales, e.g., project delivery
• Proactively identify customer risk and opportunity signals; develop comprehensive strategies to combat and/or limit erosion
• Responsible for sales and gross revenue, including platform and recurring revenue optimization, working hand in glove with delivery capabilities on engagement quality and exploring opportunities for up-sell, add-on, cross-sell, etc.
• Engage with country teams and internal teams to assess client needs and preparation of sales presentations to internal and external clients
All About You
• Working experience with merchants (preferably) and financial institutions, with expertise in cards/ payments
• Strategically focused and solution oriented with proven history of dedicated, high-energy, patient, and customer-centric behavior
• Leverage and synthesize data to analyze business challenges and opportunities
• Embrace a high performance culture and embody a “can-do” attitude
• Balance working autonomously and seeking direction when required within a complex environment
• Strong communication and presentation skills and an ability to establish credibility with C-level executives
• Detail-oriented with strength in data analysis and business case modeling
• Excellent verbal and written communication along with presentation and analytical skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Bachelor's and post-graduate degrees (MBA or other) from leading universities
In many locations, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website