We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Managing Consultant, Advisors, Retail and CommerceOverview
• MasterCard Advisors, the professional services arm of MasterCard Worldwide, provides strategy and consulting, marketing, and analytics to financial institutions and merchants worldwide.
• We are seeking a regional lead to build our Client (Merchant) Consulting team in Asia Pacific. This person will be responsible for growing and guiding our consulting practice, including winning new business, developing a customer-centric business model and recruiting and leading a team of consultants in line with business growth
• You will also sit within the Global Consultancy Centre of Excellence and, together with the other regional consultancy leads (Europe, LAC, NAM and MEA), you will be responsible for sharing best practice, knowledge transfer, development of vertical expertise and our global scalability
• Have you ever worked with businesses in a consulting role focused on CRM strategy, loyalty and delivering customer centricity within the business? Or, have you ever worked within retail or other market sectors to design and implement customer focused strategies to manage cost and drive ROI?
• Would you enjoy the opportunity to help build a revenue-producing consulting team?
• Lead the Client Consulting Practice in Asia Pacific and grow revenue using a consulting led approach to identify, scope and solve core client issues to achieve bottom and top line results for the client and Advisors.
• Champion customer strategy (CRM, CX, CCR) in our clients' businesses and internally within the greater MasterCard organization and help develop customer strategy framework.
• Scope proposals against client needs in collaboration with other functional areas within Advisors and support clients in delivering new insights from MasterCard and customer data, to guide category, store and marketing strategies.
• Own the client consulting deliverables as well as the development of a longer term marketing strategy.
• Develop relationships with key client executives and lead them along the journey.
• Act as mentor and guide to the wider team, coaching them on business development qualification, closing business and other related tasks.
• Formally share best practices within the greater organization.
All About You
• BA/BSc degree required plus extensive, relevant business experience
• Track record of successfully leading large, complex consulting engagements, or customer centric change, in a client environment and creating positive business outcomes
• A proven track record of hitting revenue targets in a CRM consulting model and a strong understanding of customer lifecycle management and multi-channel CRM channels.
• Business acumen: understand a client's business model and identify how specific insights from our data analytics could drive value for that client.
• Client management: build trust and respect within client organization, and identify opportunities for incremental sales
• Strong analytical skills: can translate client needs into a concise and cogent data analytics scope to generate a compelling diagnostic and insights presentation which drives tangible value for clients.
• Extensive problem solving skills and proven ability to build strong collaborative relationships with clients and across organizations
• Flexibility to travel as needed
• Excellent strategic, conceptual, and leadership skills
• Leadership style characterized by leading by example and enabling teams, with an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to maintain a disciplined focus on results.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website