We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitlePrincipal Information Security Engineer, CloudOverview
The cloud security engineering team is looking for a Principal Information Security Engineer to join us in protecting the applications and computing environment at Mastercard subsidiaries. This role will be responsible for the design and validation of security controls necessary to enable safe operation of cloud hosted applications and services.
• Can you demonstrate a good working level of knowledge in information security and secure development disciplines?
• Can you provide thought leadership on how to securely develop, build, and deploy cloud native and multi-cloud applications and infrastructure?
• Can you perform security analysis of application architectures and cloud services; identifying methods to mitigate threats, attacks and risks to payment applications?
• Can you demonstrate successful cross-functional influence and partnership to enable business through technical decisions?
• Leads the development of security strategy, standards, and architectural patterns to protect critical business applications in cloud environments
• Works directly with personnel at the acquired entity to asses current security configurations and practices
• Ensures the implementation of security procedures and controls to protect services from compromise or corruption
• Consults with development and operational teams to securely design applications and services following industry best practices
• Directs technology evaluations including business case development, test case definition, and vendor selection based on industry standard criteria
• Defines process improvements to gain efficiencies across security domains
• Provides consultation in legal, technical and regulatory areas that affect information security
• Expert-level knowledge of information security, risk management, and data privacy within the domain of digital commerce
• Advanced knowledge of AWS security practices and constraints, including relevant practical experience
• Good understanding of continuous delivery/continuous integration processes that follow Secure by Design principles
• Good understanding of identity and access management, threat prevention and detection, and application security principles
• Demonstrated technical competency in security engineering based on hands-on experience or relevant qualifications
• Demonstrated effectiveness working in a global environment
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills necessary for interaction with business leaders and teams across all levels of the organization
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website