We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleProduct Architect, Director (Humanitarian & Development - Platforms)Overview
Mastercard is dedicated to inclusive economic growth for all people across the globe. The mandate of Mastercard's Humanitarian & Development (H&D) team is to transform communities at the Base of the Pyramid through our Community Pass platform. Community Pass is a digital infrastructure that enables access to critical services for underserved, remote, and frequently offline communities. Through the interoperable Community Pass platform, governments, international development organizations, banks, technology companies, and other service providers can increase reach and reduce delivery costs to drive scaled impact. H&D has innovated award-winning solutions across verticals that are powered by the Community Pass platform – serving the agriculture, health, micro-commerce, humanitarian, and education sectors. Community Pass has data privacy and security by design. By so doing, we go well beyond Mastercard's traditional payments remit, and critically, increase our reach to the 1+ billion previously unserved consumers at the base of the pyramid.
The Director, Humanitarian & Development - Platforms aligns strategic goals and decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives using a cohesive framework. H&D Platforms team must be able to support innovation projects, dynamically consult and manage both business and technical facets for the solution delivery, transition from business to functional requirements and to lead internal and external partners towards a successful solution delivery.
• Have you ever brought a new idea/conceptual solution to market on a global scale?
• Are you able to manage conversations at both a business and complex technical level?
• Are you ready to become an engineer of a better and all-inclusive near future for the underprivileged?
• Serve as a Platform solution designer, translating the needs of customer and product managers into creative and technically viable solutions.
• Gather requirements from multiple vertical product/platform managers and align these business needs to modular platform architecture. Design/create detailed design artifacts like API specifications, data models and solution architectures.
• Clear focus on driving execution against the H&D Platform strategy by being a trusted techno-functional leader in the cross-functional team
• Apply/advise on service design/architecture principals throughout various stages of product/solutioning lifecycle – planning, design, specification, implementation and launch.
• Track and manage your project tasks, risks, issues, dependencies in service of Getting Stuff Done – our team's core principle.
All About You
• Strike a balance between generic design and overengineered solutions, apply software architectural principles and design patterns to business solutions, and assimilate and correlate complex concepts, documentation, and drawings into compelling arguments/narratives
• Experience using domain model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate, or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written (UML modeling, API specifications, architecture diagrams, requirements definition) and verbal communications (presentation and influencing skills)
• The ability to act as ‘translator' between business and technology, between commercial constraints and technical dependencies and between strategic imperatives and design outcomes. Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
• The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
• Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives
• Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website