We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Analyst, Enterprise StrategyOverview:
Based in Purchase, NY, the Analyst, Strategy & Corporate Development will be part of the Strategy and Corporate Development team within Worldwide Finance and will report to the Senor Business Leader, Strategic Initiatives. Responsible for development of organization long-range and strategic plans, as well as the identification of organization strengths and weaknesses and business opportunities. This includes formulating, implementing and evaluating business plans
• The Strategy & Corporate Development Team plays a leading role in developing and driving Mastercard's organic and inorganic growth agenda. This includes research on payments industry developments and trends, assisting Business Units with strategy development, evaluating potential areas for acquisition or investment (including market spaces that are adjacent to MasterCard's current business), and establishing best practice to optimize the business performance of acquired entities.
• Works across the Strategy & Corporate Development team, playing a key support role in developing frameworks and analyses to structure and solve business problems and prioritize corporate initiatives.
• Performs research on payments industry players and maintains business landscape knowledge to provide solid foundational context for projects. • Assists senior management in identifying key issues, evaluating options, and developing action plans; drives rigorous, fact-based recommendations.
• Analyzes and evaluates market adjacencies and white spaces for potential investment based on the company's strategic priorities.
All About You:
• Relevant Bachelor's Degree (e.g. economics, business, engineering, math, etc.).
• Prior management consulting, internal strategy, corporate development or competitive intelligence experience preferred.
• Direct exposure to one of the following areas: financial services, payments, financial technology, e-commerce or related areas a plus.
• Cross-functional and multi-national business experience a plus.
• Superior research skills and ability to succinctly summarize findings.
• Ability to strategically frame challenges and opportunities.
• Strong quantitative/analytical and problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented with excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website