We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Biz Ops-ReactJob Description:
The Mastercard China Onsoil BizOps team is looking for Senior BizOps Engineer who can help us solve problems, automate the process of converting physical machine to virtual machines with KVM based virtualization technology, build our CI/CD pipeline and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
- Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
- Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
- Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate everything you can?
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with developers to design, build, implement, and support technology services. A business operations engineer will ensure operational criteria like system availability, capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation are implemented throughout the delivery process. Business Operations plays a key role in leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our tooling and by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations.
We accomplish this transformation through supporting daily operations with a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business impact of our products. The goal of every biz ops team is to shift left to be more proactive and upfront in the development process, and to proactively manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience, and increase the overall value of supported applications. Biz Ops teams also focus on risk management by tying all our activities together with an overarching responsibility for compliance and risk mitigation across all our environments. A biz ops focus is also on streamlining and standardizing traditional application specific support activities and centralizing points of interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders.
Ultimately, the role of biz ops is to align Product and Customer Focused priorities with Operational needs. We regularly review our run state not only from an internal perspective, but also understanding and providing the feedback loop to our development partners on how we can improve the customer experience of our applications.
• Develop Ansible Playbooks and Jenkins Pipelines to automate the process of converting physical machines to VMs with KVM-based virtualization technology.
• Design and Implement deployment solution for production to fulfill requirement of production deployment and reduce customer impact.
• Continuously improve build and deployment processes by automating everything which can been automated along with related CI/CD tool chain and processes.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Solid knowledge on Linux Kernel, TCP/IP, and KVM based Virtualization Technology.
• Experience in developing ansible playbook and Jenkins Pipeline to automate process of infrastructure deployment.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build relationships is a must.
• For work on our dev ops team, engineer with experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, Artifactory, Ansible, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an effective and efficient automatic Jenkins Pipelines to optimize the cycle of promoting changes to production.
• Coding – Advanced knowledge of Shell, Python or Go. Shell is MUST.
• KVM based virtualization technology – Advanced knowledge of Linux Kernel. Be familiar with KVM based virtualization technology.
• Networking – Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP Networking.
• CI/CD – Advanced knowledge of Git, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Jenkins. Strong knowledge on developing Jenkins pipelines with Groovy DSL.
• Configuration Management – Advanced knowledge of Chef, Ansible, Puppet. Good at developing Ansible playbook.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website