We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Engineer, Information Security EngineeringOverview
• MasterCard is seeking a candidate to join our PKI Engineering team in Saint Louis, Missouri who will be part of a team that supports aspects of the enterprise Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), certificate management and shared Hardware Security Module (HSM) infrastructures.
• The ideal person should be able to extrapolate information with minimal details provided and apply business process improvement practices.
• Candidate should have the ability to coordinate and/or support large complex projects including upgrades and deployment of new capabilities and enhancements.
Responsibilities will include:
• Perform PKI design which will result in the delivery of x.509 certificates in support of Mastercard projects and infrastructure, which includes on/off-hours support including problem analysis and resolution.
• Proficient with database queries and SQL
• Participate in defining and developing the strategic plan for PKI and the enterprise certificate management service.
• Provide certificate support on UNIX, Mainframe (z/OS), and Windows.
• Knowledge of HSMs is a plus.
• Experience with tools such as OpenSSL and keytool is required.
• Technical experience in cryptography, including several of the following: PKI, digital certificates, SSL/TLS, hashing, encryption techniques, and HSM's is desired.
• Participate in the preparation and execution of disaster recovery on business continuity plans.
• Ability to support complex projects through research, analysis, and solution design.
• Create, maintain, and align Mastercard's information security policies and standards with industry best practices
• SME to help with solution design, troubleshooting, and problem management for current and future challenges and needs around PKI and authentication-based systems and integrations
All About You
• Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels across the organization.
• Detail oriented, self-starter, and able to work independently at self-directed pace.
• IT experience with thought-leadership, cross-functional influence, and partnership demonstrated by a successful track record.
• Must be able to act with a sense of urgency and respond to issues critical in nature.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website