Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Job TitleSenior Engineer, Test Engineering-2Overview
Prepaid Services is the division of MasterCard that concentrates on Prepaid Solutions such as our Multi-Currency Cash Passport product. Traditionally focused on the Travel sector this business unit is driving forward Prepaid throughout the world with innovative and leading solutions that we integrate with Global brands.
As part of the Test and Quality Assurance function, working within the Performance test team the role will be responsible for the design, automation and implementation of Performance testing across the Prepaid services portfolio. Working closely with the system analysts, architects, developers and product teams the analyst will be expected to understand the non-functional requirements and translate these into performance, capacity and resilience testing objectives.
They will be expected to understand the features and functionalities being delivered within the cycle and build and execute a set of scripts to measure and assess how well the system under test is performing in relation to the testing objectives.
The Analyst will be responsible for assuring overall quality of development work and ensuring that testing covers the end to end solution, working on performance test suites to increase the test coverage available per test cycle and promoting Best practices to increase testing effectiveness.
The role will involve working to strict deadlines within an agile development environment.
• Have you worked in application testing in a fast paced Agile environment?
• Are you passionate about quality?
• Can you provide innovative ideas and ensure continuous improvement as part of day to day work?
• Do you possess a high level of expertise in performance test automation and monitoring tools such JMeter, Splunk?
• Take a participatory role in the project ceremonies, for example; sprint planning, daily stand-ups, demonstrations and retrospectives
• Participate in requirements review and performance testing activities; monitor resolutions and maintain documentation
• Produce high-level and detailed estimates, utilising story points and time estimating
• Document test strategies and test plans; translating complex system requirements and associated specifications into test requirements and testing methods
• Create and maintain associated test data, manage test logs and test transactions as per defined processes and standards
• Create, maintain and enhance Test automation coverage and effectiveness
• Document and automate the performance testing of multiple websites, back office finance systems, web services
• Acts as first-review for project-level reviews, walkthroughs and inspections
• Identify areas of improvements, introducing and championing best practices.
All About You
Key Skills and Experience
• Strong understanding of Agile development lifecycle
• Experience testing across a variety of platforms; web and mobile user interface, web services (REST and SOAP) and data
• Experience of writing performance tests and scripts using JMeter or equivalent load test tool.
• Experience of writing code in one or more general purpose programming languages including C# or Java
• Experience of using Windows / UNIX / Linux / Web / Database performance monitors.
• Ability to create good performance test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins/Bamboo)
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Able to mentor peers and guide less experienced Team members
• Exposure to continuous integration and delivery concepts
• Financial services experience
• Exposure to working with databases (PL/SQL, SQL Server, Oracle)
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website