We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Managing Consultant, Facilitator / Product Innovation ManagementJob title: Senior Managing Consultant, Facilitator/ Product Innovation Manager (China)
Team Purpose – Labs as a Service
• Mastercard Labs as a Service is a leading edge global innovation practice, delivering a range of innovation programs which incorporate the best in design thinking and agile development processes
• Labs as a Service supports our customers and partners with Innovation and R&D consultation - delivering customized innovation programs, products and support - tailored to meet client-specific business challenges.
Facilitator / Product Innovation Manager
• This role within Labs as A Service act as a lead sprint master for facilitating all product / process engagements on behalf of customers and internal stakeholders alike.
• This role is a key customer focused role for Labs as a Service which requires a confident, experienced facilitator with a deep understanding and experience in three core disciplines – ideation methodologies, rapid prototyping and design sprints and agile product management.
• This person will be a lead advocate for innovation within the Mastercard customer base, serving as one of the faces of Mastercard Labs externally in Asia Pacific & globally.
Questions to consider:
• Are you passionate about product innovation and want to work with some of the world's biggest brands to create innovative product prototypes & run programs to improve their innovation culture and methodologies?
• Are you a world class facilitator with a passion for technology innovation, agile prototype development and new product design?
• Does playing a key playmaker role in supporting teams who are innovating and developing leading edge technology solutions excite you?
• Have you the capability to think on your feet, be hugely creative, cajole, encourage and negotiate all at the same time?
• Own the execution and successful delivery of multiple customer engagements for the LaaS team which will include innovation consulting, execution of innovation culture programs and delivery of Mastercard innovation products.
• Lead groups through activities such as envisioning / ideation, product planning, issue resolution, action planning, assumptions testing & product prototyping as well as requirements gathering.
• Create new innovation tools and templates & collation of existing best in class methods to create standardized methodologies & practices for rapid innovation.
• Facilitate client events, using best practice processes and techniques in the area of design thinking, ideation methodologies, agile development (design sprints and rapid prototyping) and in agile product management.
• Lead small teams and large groups of professionals with multi-faceted skills sets and different motivations/ agendas to create new product innovations.
• Contribute to the development of new LaaS innovation programs and products and the enhancement of existing LaaS innovation methodologies that can be delivered to customers.
• Keep informed on emerging technologies and innovations in the payments and commerce space and identify potential opportunities for the LaaS team to develop product prototypes that would be relevant to the customer base.
• Explore and support development of Mastercard Labs' relationships with external parties such as other innovation entities, Labs organizations, and colleges/universities.
Knowledge / Experience Preferred
• Demonstrated experience in product innovation and consulting.
• Be experienced in the product development process especially agile & design thinking methodologies.
• Be a highly skilled group facilitator—with a wealth of experience leading multi-disciplinary groups through such activities as strategic planning, journey mapping, issue resolution, brainstorming and requirements gathering/definition.
• High energy, can-do attitude, very strong sense of ownership and desire to succeed with commensurate analytical and strategic skills.
• Executive-level presentation skills—must have persuasive “presence” and ability to effectively communicate technology to business people and business to technology people
• Understanding / experience of innovation frameworks and practical technology application experience.
• Payments technology knowledge or experience in the industry would be a huge advantage
Skills / Abilities (Desired)
• Organized, with an ability to provide expert facilitation skills in environments where the team agenda is not clear and the obvious solutions are not always the most appropriate.
• Leadership skills—must be able to influence others and navigate complex relationship scenarios & must be able to influence others without direct reporting relationships.
• Will value and promote having strong processes as a way of achieving consistent, high quality, repeatable results.
• Experience in management consultancy, product owner or scrum-master roles would be very relevant
• Experience in any prototyping/design tools (Photoshop, inVision, Marvel etc) or user testing methodologies would be highly desirable
• Ability to act effectively as a brand ambassador
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Strong Mandarin and English language skills are required.
• Willingness to travel
• Work Location – Shanghai, China and will require regional travel across Asia and occasionally globally.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website