We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Product Manager TechnicalOverview
Interested in building the next generation platform that empowers end-to-end marketing campaign management inclusive of audience targeting and campaign execution and measurement? The overarching goal of data-driven marketing is to deliver the right content, to the right person, at the right time.
We are growing rapidly in Vancouver in the beautiful British Columbia, and if you wish to be part of this Priceless® experience, read below.
The Integrated Marketing Platform (IMP) team is looking for a Senior Product Manager - Technical to bring their expertise in leading and driving the product vision to create world-class campaign management solutions.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing inspiring platform/product visions, derived from business needs, market opportunities, and technology trends. You will get a chance to develop innovative solutions and transform the way Mastercard automates, optimize and innovate digital marketing life cycle.
In this role, you will:
• Using the Working Backwards method, decompose business requirements and customer experiences into features and functions that drive the platform/product roadmap
• Work with Technical Program Managers, Developers, UX designers, and internal customers to define the details behind the business requirements
• Collect and share user stories with engineering teams
• Act as the voice of the business customer and accountable for the platform services
• Owns the working backwards document and vision for one or more features
• Elicits and decomposes business requirements into platform requirements and user stories
• Coordinates internal forums to collect and identify feature-level development opportunities
• Contributes near-term input (quarterly) for the platform product portfolio and roadmap, prioritizing the backlog while defining the acceptance criteria for user stories
• Recommends trade-off decisions on platform product features/depth of features/backlog items
• Uses runtime metrics of their services in market as a feedback loop in to the backlog and balances the priorities against new feature requests
• Owns and manages product documentation ensuring features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other engineering teams
• Enables self-service support and/or works to reduce overhead
• Makes use of research, user studies, metrics and competitive analysis to understand the platform and business needs for a platform product and inform the backlog
• May participate with the business in customer research to inform platform product feature needs
• Coordinates with interdependent teams on platform product requirements
• Keeps close to the design of the user experience
• Continuously monitors feature development at the feature level adjusting throughout implementation as needed
• Reviews product demo against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• Prepares launches and monitors platform performances, adoption, and operational health for feature sets
• Supports and participates in post-launch reviews and ensures feedback is reincorporated into the feature
• Stays aligned with GTM plans for the feature set
• Identifies issues that will keep the platform features from delivering on time and/or with the desired requirements and works with internal teams and customer service to identify, classify, and prioritize feature-level customer issues
• Mentors team members
• Assists with candidate selection and onboarding
All About you
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong presentation, facilitation, negotiation and communication skills (Both verbal and written)
• Experience working on high visibility and multiyear projects
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively within all layers of an organization
• Ability to analyze complex issues and provide direction towards their resolution
• Demonstrated success in developing strategy, creating and executing organizational and business plans with the ability to measure effectiveness
• Have demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Have bias for action with calculated risk taking
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website