We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software Development Engineer-2Who is Mastercard?
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
If you're tired of the status quo and want to join an innovative team that is transforming digital payments, keep reading because we would love to meet you. Do you enjoy writing code that has a global impact? Want to work on products your friends and family use every day? We have a position open in the MasterCard Consumer Authentication Solution (CAS) Program.
Consumer Authentication Solutions is a suite of services that provide authentication of the transaction during an online transaction. We make eCommerce more secure by providing the identity check and verification of a credit card transaction.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate 'Mastercard Way' cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Senior Software Development Engineer at Mastercard, you are expected to perform the following general duties:
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet the business requirements
• Drive code/design/process trade-off discussions within their team when required
• Drive integration of services focusing on customer journey and experience
• Understands operational and engineering experience and actively works to improve experience and metrics in the ownership area
• Develop a complete understanding of end-to-end technical architecture and dependency systems
• Mentor and guide new and less-experienced team members
• Share and seek knowledge within their Guild/Program to drive reuse and productivity
Within the CAS Program, you are responsible for:
• Developing high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
• Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs.
• Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics.
• Identify opportunities to improve an overall process and trim waste
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent education
• Experience in Java and Java EE platforms including Spring framework & components, Hibernate, Messaging, Web Services, REST (Services Design & Technology Skills)
• Has skill in building applications using Spring Boot framework to achieve reuse and reduce development times
• Understand use cases for advanced design patterns (e.g., service-to-worker, MVC, API gateway, intercepting filter, dependency injection, lazy loading, all from the gang of four) to implement efficient code.
• Has skills to implement standard logging and event correlation for business transactions and security events for faster troubleshooting and compliance; familiar with the adoption of standard logging frameworks and tools (e.g., log4j, SLF4J, Splunk) to aggregate and analyse time-series of logs.
• Understands encryption and digital signature standards and patterns (e.g., symmetric/secret-key - AES, public key, and hashing - SHA-2 and SHA-3) and recommend software or hardware (HSM) implementation solutions
• Understands cryptography techniques and libraries to build secure communication and user authentication/authorization (e.g., SAML, OpenSSL, PKCS#11, JWT/JWS/JWE)
• Able to perform debugging and troubleshooting to analyse core, heap, thread dumps and remove coding errors.
• Possess skills in test-driven and behaviour-driven development (TDD and BDD) to build just enough code and collaborate on the desired functionality.
• Has skills to elaborate and estimate non-functional requirements, including security (e.g., data protection, authentication, authorization), regulatory, and performance (SLAs, throughput, transactions per second)
• Strong communication, collaborative and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and able to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Actively seeks and participates in activities that stretch one's existing skillset and adds new and more difficult capabilities for team members.
• Knowledge of payments domain esp. card payments domain is desirable
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website