We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software Development EngineerOverview
The Foundational Services teams within Mastercard's Data & Services organization provide common, high-performance, and easy-to-use solutions for cross-cutting concerns of the data analytics products on our platform.
We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer who is excited to join a full-stack development team that focuses on the core front-end technologies and systems that accelerate and enhance product development and innovation on our platform. Our work includes the design and implementation of robust design system components, full-stack ownership of core platform user experience, and creating a great developer experience through libraries, APIs, and tooling. We partner closely with product engineering teams on their critical UX efforts across many high-usage, global-scale products.
We work in small, flexible teams. Every team member contributes to designing, building, and testing features. There are no rigid organizational structures, and each team uses processes that work the best for that team members and projects.
What is Mastercard Data & Services?
The Data & Services team (D&S) is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful insights and tools to drive fact-based decision making. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, our services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate 'Mastercard Way' cultural values every day – own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. As a part of Data & Services, you will build revolutionary products that advance how organizations all over the world seize the most value from their data. As a Senior Software Development Engineer within Foundational Services, you will:
• Design and build front-end infrastructure that serves a broad audience and empowers developers to rapidly build high quality front-end applications
• Engage with product engineering teams and engineering leaders as an evangelist and expert
• Partner with designers and product managers to design and deliver creative solutions that solve challenging front-end problems, maximizing efficiency and value to customers.
• Grow your technical skills by leading design, development, and release of a wide range of far-reaching features
• Mentor, guide, support, and collaborate with other team members for projects and team operations
All About You
• Deep understanding of one or more programming languages/technology stacks (our deep understanding is in .NET, TypeScript, and React)
• Flexibility to learn and work in different parts of the stack
• Experience with design systems, re-usable components, or front-end infrastructure
• A customer focus with advocacy for UI/UX design principles, best practices, and quality
• Interest in mastering the ins and outs of the tools you work with rather than just using them for the task at hand
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website