We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSenior Software Development Engineer - React/ElixirOverview
Mastercard Cyber and Intelligence (C&I) develops and delivers world-class risk, security products, and services for Mastercard customers across the globe. As part of this organization, the Fraud Intelligence & Strategy Team (FIS) is responsible for:
o Providing Fraud analytics and insights to Mastercard and its worldwide customers
o Maintenance of existing and development of new fraud prevention and monitoring data driven products/services
The RiskRecon team is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to design, develop, and deliver risk assessment software solutions with high level of innovation. The challenge is to create high-performing platform, compelling visualizations, and intuitive workflows that allow users to derive insights and in turn protect their assets. As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will:
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates
• Perform system maintenance and troubleshoot production incident as part of on-call support schedule
• Collaborate with Quality Assurance enigneers on testing processes – ensuring adequate test coverage in unit testing, system testing/integration, and performance testing
All About You
• Prior experience with Rails, Ruby, or Elixir is a plus
• Experience with AWS and Terraform is a plus
• Experience with wide range of data store technologies – Postgres, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, etc.
• Strong understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and agile methodology is required
• Prior experience contributing to the development of large scale web applications
• High degree of flexibility and ability to strive in an entrepreneurial environment
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written
• Willingness and ability to quickly learn and take on new challenging opportunities
• Prior experience in delivering secure solutions
• Demonstrate Mastercard Core Competencies – trust, partnership, initiative, and agility
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Apply on company website