We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleSoftware Development Engineer IIOverview :
• Responsible for the analysis, design and development
• Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
• Provide Design and Development Support
• Understand application layering
• Document detailed designs with class and sequence diagrams
• Work closely with Enterprise Architecture team, BA and/or customer and come up with low level design
• Develop/extend critical/framework components whenever required and create proof of concepts for new/unknown requirements/technologies
• Conduct code reviews and take the responsibility for overall code quality, coach and mentor team members
• Prepare and review Design Documentation, Perform SCM operations – branching, merging, tagging, conflict resolution
• Study upcoming tools and technologies and use them to improve existing solutions and processes.
• Technically coach team members to ensure optimal quality, performance and security parameters.
Hands on experience and expert on working with core Java, Spring (MVC, IOC, AOP), Hibernate, JSP, JPA, application servers (JBoss, WebLogic), SQL & RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle and/or Postgres), Web-services (JSON and SOAP) & XML
• Hands on experience of using Eclipse/My Eclipse IDE, UML tools, MS Word and PowerPoint
• Hands on experience of writing JUnit test cases, working with Maven/Ant, GIT
• Knowledge of Design Patterns and experience in applying them to solve design problems.
• Knowledge of Security concepts (E.g. authentication, authorization, confidentiality etc.) and protocols and experience in their usage in enterprise application
• Experience with modern software development methodologies (Agile, Kanban, XP, etc.)
• Solid grasp on relational database modeling and design
• Familiar with architectural concepts such as SOA, Enterprise Service Bus and SSO
• Expert in Java, Object Oriented Programming concepts.
• Familiar with Angular.js
• Additional/Desirable capabilities
- Ability to multi-task and lead multiple design initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to white-board solutions during discussions, and develop flow charts and simple wireframes to prove a concept (Visio, PPT, DOC)
• Experience with Hibernate, Web Services (top-down wsdl-first approach)
- Ability to contribute learnings into process enhancements for the future.
- Hands on experience of working with tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Confluence, JIRA, Rally, Sonar
- Hands on experience of technologies like JSF, JSTL, AJAX, JQuery, WS-Security, Spring Security, Log4j
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard's security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard's guidelines.
Apply on company website